Chapter 6

We return home that night and once again I am pressed for information about Killian and the Jones family's plans.

"I don't know anything yet. He doesn't trust me yet. I need more time," I say exasperated. They just won't let up. I don't know if I want to do this anymore.

"Well just let us know when you do," Father says as he runs his hand through his hair. He looks just as frustrated as I do. I immediately get up and leave not wanting to be in the room a second longer.

The next couple of days I don't go to the meetings and claim I have too much homework to do which I don't really, but I don't want to spy on Killian anymore. I wasn't getting anywhere in the first place. One day after school I walk out to find Father's car in front of the school. Logan steps out of the car and signals me over. I walk over and climb in. Logan follows me in. We haven't talked in three days. A record for us. I decide to break our record we have to make up some time.

"Where are we going?" I say attempting to be civil.

"Jones' house. Father says you need to attend meetings again," Logan says.

"Are you going to be mad at me forever? or can we just move on?" I say.

"I can move on, if you can," he challenges with a smirk. I let go of a breath I had no idea I was holding.

"I think I can do that. Have I missed anything important?" I ask as we pull up to the Jones' house.

"No, not really. Neither of them can let anything go. They are being sentimental old men," he snorts. We step out of the car and I adjust my dress before we walk into the house.

Killian is in here. Oh my god, my heart is racing. I shouldn't be nervous. I have decided to not spy on him. I am just going to leave him alone. To just tell father that they aren't planning anything in a few days. We enter the study and my eyes immediately find Killian sitting on the edge of the pool table. When he sees me he sits up straighter and hits his head on the pool table lamp. I release a giggle, but manage to stifle it. We sit through another meeting of arguing and no resolutions. The whole time I don't look at Killian, which is a hard task for such a good looking guy. I can feel his gaze trying to pierce through my skull. I ignore it, he should stay far away from me. I shouldn't be anywhere near him as well because whatever this is it will end badly. We stay for dinner and I excuse myself to the bathroom. When I exit Killian is there waiting. I nearly jump out of my shoes.

"You should not wait outside of a bathroom like that. You scared me," I say as I try to get my breathing to return to normal.

"Well I won't do that again. Why have you been avoiding me?" He asks cutting right to the chase.

"I have no idea what you are talking about. Now if you excuse me I am going to return to dinner," I brush him aside, leaving him standing there with no explanation.

Shortly after that we finish dinner and I grab my coat. We all head home. The boys talk shop in the car. I stuff my hands in my pockets and my hand brushes something that shouldn't be there. A piece of paper. A note, probably from Killian. I wait until we get home to look at it. I don't want to draw any attention to myself. As soon as we get home I hurry upstairs to my room with my note. I quickly open it and read it.

Princess,

You are almost certainly avoiding me. I want to talk, meet me in the park next to the opera house tomorrow at two. Don't be late.

-KJ

I sit down on my bed and read the note again. I plop back on my bed and stare at the ceiling. I know I shouldn't go, but I desperately want to go. Its not even the fact that my family would find out and want information. For some reason I don't want this guy I hardly know to get hurt by me. I mean why should I care? I have no, need to go. What's the worst that could happen?

The next day I slip out of the house and walk to the park. I am so nervous. I don't know why though. He won't hurt me, but I just can't shake these nerves.

I arrive a few minutes early, not wanting to be late. A couple minutes later there is a tap on my shoulder. I spin around and find Killian standing there in black pants and an overcoat left open that reveals a white shirt with the top two buttons unbuttoned.

"Princess I wasn't sure you'd actually show," He smiles.

"I had to find out what you wanted. I am not one for unanswered questions," I say with an eyebrow raised.

"Curiosity killed the cat, you know," he smirks and flashes the most beautiful smile I have ever seen.

"Did you bring me here to mock me or talk?" I ask, trying to regain my composure.

"Talk," he offers his arm to me, "Care to take a stroll?" he asks. I nod and accept his arm. We begin the path that leads us through the park. It feels strange to be arm and arm with someone who my entire family hates. Someone who is my sworn enemy. I wonder if he is thinking the same thing.

"To the subject of you avoiding me," he starts.

"I was not avoiding you!" I exclaim, retracting my arm from his.

"Princess, you didn't show at meetings for three days then when you finally did you never looked at me once. We both know that we glance at each other quite often. All I want to know is what's wrong? Did I offend you in some way?" He asks genuinely concerned.

"No you did no such thing," I vaguely answer.

"That did not fully answer the question I am afraid," he responds frustrated.

"Honestly you're reading into this too much. Nothing is wrong and you did nothing. That's all there is nothing more to say," I shrug and he has stopped walking. I stop as well.

"I have a talent, call it that if you will, of reading people and you Miss Nolan are lying through your teeth," he accuses, "Please I would like to know why all the sudden you decided to stay away."

"What? Never had a girl say no to you before Jones? Look I don't know what you thought was happening here, but its gone. There is nothing here," I gesture between the two of us.

"Really?" he questions.

"Yeah really," I state.

"Then how come you have moved closer to me?" he asks. I look down and notice that we are chest to chest. I blush, but don't move. The heat his body radiates is comforting in a way. Suddenly he grabs the back of my head and brings me into him. Our lips meet and at first I am so surprised by this I try to push him away. Then one of his hands slips down my back and brings me closer to him. I melt in his arms. I wrap my arms around him. I let his tongue slip into my mouth. His lips are soft and the kiss is slow and passionate. Just as sudden as it started it stops, leaving me in a complete daze.

"What was that?" I ask softly.

"I had to do that just once," he touches my cheek then leaves me there still shocked. I have so many questions. For example why? Why me? Why now? What does I had to do that just once mean? Does that mean it will never happen again? Do I want it to happen again? My lips are warm and tingle from what just occurred. My fingers brush them wondering if Killian Jones will ever make me feel this way again.

Oh my god what will happen next?!? As always please comment and vote. xoxo