You Miss Your Flight

You wake up panicking. Today you were flying to Mexico to visit your boss for a big, important job interview.

You look at the time and it's 2:38 in the morning and you have to drive there, and catch your flight at 4am.

You throw on clothes, quickly, and you're out the door by 3:13am. You drive to the airport, and pay to park your car for a week.

You run to get to your gate, when all of the sudden you see a bunch of men with cameras running around you, and blocking your way.

"You've got to be kidding me." You mumble, under you breath. You see a young man running towards the same gate as you.

After running through luggage and security you were late to your flight, "Damn it." You say, after the woman tells you they had shut the door to flight 254 to Miami.

It's going to take even longer to get there, since you also had a layover in Miami, "Did you miss your flight, too?" The young man asked.

"Yes, thanks to those stupid paparazzi." You say, annoyed, "They are always following me around, I just need to get to Mexico for a business meeting." He says.

"I'm also am on my way to Mexico." You say, smiling. "Excuse me" you say, walking to the desk, "When is the next flight to Miami and then to Mexico?" You ask, "Let me check." The woman says, while checking her computer.

"There are only two available seats open on flight 266 to Miami, seats 23 and 24." She explains, "Alright thank you." You say, walking back to the man.

"I never got your name." You say, "Oh, I'm sorry, it's Michael, Michael Jackson, yours?" He exclaims, "holy crap," you say, as you peep under the hood, and sunglasses.

"My name is, y/n," you say, still amazed that Michael Jackson was in front of you, "That's a very beautiful name." Michael says, "Thank you."

"Well Michael, there are seats 23 and 24 open on the next flight to Miami in two hours. I told the woman to save them for us." You explain, "Thank you so much. You just saved me from embarrassment, I really couldn't be late for the meeting." Michael exclaims.

We both sit down and talk for a little while until our flight, "So, Michael, do you like the window seat?" You ask. "Yes, but you can have it if you like." He says, smiling.

"No, no, it's okay, I was just wondering." You say, "Is this your first plane ride?" He asks. "Um, honestly yes, I know it's kinda embarrassing." You say.

"No. Not at all, I really don't like flying, so if I could I would never travel by plane." He says, laughing, "But sometimes I have to." He says, with a smirk.

"FLIGHT 266 to MIAMI is NOW BOARDING." The women on the loudspeaker says.

You grab your stuff and walk over to the gate and both of you get on the flight on time.

We walk down the plane isle until we get to our seats. Michael puts his and your stuff above, and holds his hand out for you to sit by the window seat, "I insist." He says, "Fine." I say, smiling.

"I love the feeling of pressure." You say, as the plane takes off, "It feels weird, but I'm just not a fan of flying" he says, blushing.

"Where in Mexico are you staying?" You ask, "Cancún" he says, "Hey, what do you know. That's where I'll be." You say, laughing, "What a coincidence." "A big one." Michael says, smiling.

You guys were both exhausted from rushing around early in the morning, that you both fell asleep, until you arrived in Miami.

"Michael, wake up!" You say, shaking him, "Yes, yes, Im awake." He says, with his eyes still closed.

"Hey, c'mon, were in Miami." You say, smiling, "Oh."

The plane boards and we grab our stuff and head to the next gate to Mexico.

"Michael! Michael!" You hear paparazzi yell, trying to get his attention. He holds on to your hand and rushes you to a safer area in the airport where the paparazzi won't be able to take pictures.

"I'm so sorry y/n" he says, "No it's okay. I understand it's part of your life." You say, smiling, you both hop onto a sky train to get over to the other parts of the Miami airport.

"Ahh." Michael says, laughing as the train starts off nearly knocking him down.

"Haha, That's why you have take your hands out of your pockets, and hold on." You say, laughing.

"Alright, alright." He says, embarrassed grabbing onto the railing. We hop out and make it to the right gate for Mexico. We board the plan, and this time I let him have the window seat.

"So, y/n tell me something's about yourself." Michael, says as the plane takes off.

"Well, I'm 26, I have a cat named Gypsy." You say, unable to think of anything else, "Wow." He says, smiling. "You're very interesting."

"Interesting? I told you my age and my cats name." You explain, giggling, "I know," Michael says, smiling.

"Tell me something's about you." You ask, trying to direct the conversation away from you.

He looks embarrassed before he starts to talk, "well, I like to dance and sing, I'm 27, and I have a pet chimp named, Bubbles."

"Wow really? A pet chimp?! That's super cool." You exclaim, with excitement, "Haha, yes." He says, smiling. After the conversation dies down, you decide to take out a book and read.

"What are you reading?" Michael asks, curiously. You smile at him and show him the cover, "Oh, I've never read that." He says. You glance up and smile, and continue reading.

Then Michael starts playing with the book pages, intentionally trying to get your attention, "What are you doing Michael?" You say laughing, but a little annoyed.

"I'm bored, will you please talk to me." He says, with puppy dog eyes. You shut your book and put it back in your bag. "Yes, what would you like to talk about." You ask, "I don't know. I want to talk about the future."

"What do you want in your future?" He asks, "Um, I would like to get married, and have kids. I hope this job thing I have planned goes well and-." You say,
Shyly, unable to think of anything else you want.

"I would love to have kids, and eventually get married." He says smiling, we talk a little longer until the plane boards in Mexico.

"It's hot." You say, fanning yourself as you walk outside out of the airport, after you have checked in with the airport, "You're wearing pants!" he says, laughing, while pointing at your legs.

"Hey, well you're wearing pants, too." You say, smiling, pointing at his legs. Then it becomes silent again, "Well, my car is over here." Michael says, "Oh." You say, sadly.

"Here's my number, I had a great time hanging out with you. I would love to see you again." He says, smiling, and then giving you a kiss on the cheek.

"I enjoyed it, too, and I will call you later, so we can hang out." You say, blushing, as he gives you a big tight hug before walking away to his car.

You kept his number in your pocket and made sure you never lost it. You wanted to see him again.

6 years later

"Hey babe, will you pass me the salt?" Michael asks, as your husband and kids gather around the table to eat dinner, "Of Course, baby."