The Big One

Michael's pov;

"I'll take this one." I say, to the guy working the ring store.

It's perfect just like y/n. Ive been wanting to ask y/n to marry me, and now I finally had the chance.

I buy the ring and slip it into my pocket. I get home, and see y/n on the couch silently reading a book.

A rush of happiness makes me smile, to think that one day she is going to be my beautiful wife.

"Hey baby." I say, as I sneak up behind her.

"Hi." She says, smiling, putting her book down.

"Are you excited for tonight?" I ask her, I know I'm excited, "Yah, I was, It actually can't happen tonight." She says, sadly.

"Things got really bad at work, and they need me to go in tonight and fix it." She says.

"But baby," I say kneeling down in front of the chair resting my arms on her knees.

"I'm sorry, You know I would have loved to go to that dinner," "I know."

Dammit, How am I going to give her the ring and ask her to marry me, now?

As y/n leaves for work at 7:30 pm, I decide I was going to decorate the place here, and make her dinner.

I put lights up around the patio outside that had the view of the lake, and a rose petal trail through the whole backyard.

I had Cindy, my personal chef, help me prepare all the meals.

9:02pm

I run outside, as y/n gets home, "Babe what's going on?" She asks, as I grab her hand, and lead her to the backyard.

"You'll see." I say, excitedly.

"Aww you made this?" She says, as we approach the backyard.

"Yes, do you like it?" I ask, "I do. This is so sweet."  She says, hugging me.

We both sit down and have a nice dinner, and soon it was time for me to ask her.

"Y/n I just want to say something. Throughout these years that I have been dating you, I've realized that I am absolutely, and so deeply in love with you.
I love absolutely everything about you, and I know that I want to spend every waking moment with you. The only thing I ask of you is, (Y/full/n) will you marry me?" I ask, as I bend down on one knee.

She looks up at the night sky with tears in her eyes.

"Oh my god." She says cupping her mouth, "Yes Michael, yes." She says, crying.

I put the ring on her finger and hold her close, and kiss her soft lips.

"I love you so much." She says.

"I love you, too." I say, back as we continue kissing.