Scars

#22
Michael's pov

I walked out of the bathroom and made my way to my bedroom. I didn't really want to leave Jass and James alone even if I was gone for ten minutes having a shower. I knew Matt was here but I didn't want them getting hurt; emotionally or physically.

When I walked into my room they didn't even look up; I couldn't see what was going on since the only light in the room was coming from a lamp beside the bed. But I could see that both James and Jass were lying on their stomachs looking at James' wrists. "Well, I don't think so," Jass said, putting his arm around his brother's shoulder. I made my way over to the bed, sitting against the headboard. James looked up at me, "what's wrong?" I asked.

I could tell he was struggling to look me in the face as he answered, "my scars are ugly."

I sighed in relief, I thought that something more serious had been wrong. When I didn't give an answer James sighed as well, "see, Jass, Michael thinks so too." Jass gave me a glare, "he didn't say that," James shook his head, "but he implied it by not saying anything and giving me that look."

"No, James, really I just thought something else had gone wrong. That maybe one of you were hurt." I explained, James have me a 'ya, whatever,' look. I looked down at my thighs, James' scars weren't ugly compared to mine. "James, your scars show something that your overcoming. Those scars aren't ugly. Ugly scars are scars that hold memories, the ones that you can't stand to look at because if you do you know you'll break down and start crying because of something awful that happened; something that you could have stopped."

I didn't realize that I was whispering until Jass spoke a moment later, "you have one of those scars, don't you, Michael?" I continued to look at my thighs. "I-umm, ya." I watched James out of the corner of my eye, he looked down at his wrist then back up at me, "can I see?" He asked. It might have been the most innocent request I have ever heard. He wasn't asking to hear the story behind it or any type of information on it. He was just asking to see the scar. Probably to see that someone was going through pain like he is and got through it.

Looking down at James I nodded, I started to pull down my sweat pants. Jass cleared his throat and I knew I had both of the twins' attention; probably for different reasons but it didn't matter. I just wanted James to see this because I knew it would help him.

I pulled my sweat pants down to my knees and I heard them both gasp. I wasn't wearing any boxers but I could tell that their attention wasn't on my penis; it was the white indent with a red/purple outline running across my thighs that held their attention.

~Flashback~

"Hi, Tony!" I shouted, running up to the star football player at my dad's school. Well, it wasn't my dad's school but he'd been the principal there for 4 years so I call it his school.

"Mike! What's up shortie?" Tony asked, ruffling his hair as he made room for me in his group of friends. I laughed, swatting his hands away. "Help me find my parents?" I asked, knowing that he would.

"Absolutely, anything for my favourite kid." I grinned and grabbed his hand dragging him towards the main office. "Tiff!" Tony called to his girlfriend, "you wanna come with?"

"Do I ever," she said as she waved goodbye to their group of friends. I grabbed her hand as well and we walked towards the office.

"Michael." My dad called sternly as I came into his view. "There he is, thank god you're alright." My mom said, rushing up to me. "You can't go running off like that; especially in a high school. Thank you for bring him back Anthony and Tiffany."

"No problem, Mr. Quinn." Tony said.

"C'mon, Michael we have a dentist appointment to get you to." My mom said, holding her hand out, I took it. I didn't really have time to register what happened next before I was being pushed to the ground by both of my parents.