Our Messed Up Date

This chapter is dedicated to Bookaddict1014, I was aiming for the last chapter to be cute ;)
#21
Michael's pov

I dropped Jass on the bed and James crawled beside his brother trapping him in a hug. Jass curiously looked around my room as James continued to cuddle his brother. "Don't do that again. Don't leave me." James mumbled; they knew I was in the room so I wasn't eavesdropping but I couldn't help but think that this conversation wasn't meant for me to be over hearing.

I threw my iPad down on the bed, they both looked up at me. "Find something on Netflix, I'll go order pizza and spend time with Sweetheart until you guys are done talking." Jass nodded, putting an arm around his brother's waist, "thank you, Michael." He whispered. I nodded bending down to kiss his forehead. "You're mine. Don't forget it." Jass nodded immediately, I smiled, "that goes for you too James. We're over all that running away from the relationship stuff now. If we have a problem we talk like adults we don't run like children." They both nodded and I left the room.

I sigh, falling back on the couch as I press the number one on my speed dial: the pizza place. Pizza always makes me feel better. "Michael, hey. Your usual order?" Joe answers the phone. I laugh into the phone, I've only been here like two weeks and Joey already knows my order.

"Actually can I get a large cheese pizza but keep the cheese sticks; those things are yummy." Joey laughed into the phone and mumbled a quick 'agreed,' before telling me that my order would be at my place in 25 minutes, I thanked him and we both hung up.

I let my phone fall onto my chest, watching it rise and fall in the rhythm of my breathing. I knew I was going to have to tell Lyle about Jass and James' situation. Technically, I was just suppose to tell the principal if I came across a situation like this and she or he was suppose to discuss it with the student(s) and child services. But I couldn't do that. They're my boys now and I'm not passing my responsibility to take care of them off to someone else; especially when that someone else is Lyle Owens. Ick.

I have to tell him about it though. I would lose my job if I didn't. So I quickly formed my plan: tomorrow I would show up early to work and talk with Lyle. I would tell him all the information that he needed except a name. Then I would demand to be with the student at all times. If he agreed then I would tell him. If he didn't then I would quit before he could fire me then I would talk to my lawyer about maybe adopting them?

Ugh, do I even want that? Could I handle being their boyfriend and legal guardian? Probably not but it didn't really matter anymore. I had made a promise to Jass and I wasn't going to leave them and that I would take care of both him and James. I don't break promises.

Then there's the factor of I probably couldn't watch them go from foster house to foster house. It would break my heart and I can't stand the thought of them being hurt by anyone else.

"Whatcha thinking about, Mikey?" Matt asked, slipping his phone into his pocket.

I sat up as Sweetheart came running in through the kitchen and jumped on top of me. I buried my face in Sweetheart's fur. I didn't really want to talk to anybody at the moment. I felt the couch dip beside me, "I don't think your dog likes me very much."

I looked up at my cousin, "I don't like you very much, either." I watched as Matt rolled his eyes, a smile crept on his face and he pushed Sweetheart gently off the couch. She looked pissed as she ran off to the guess bedroom where Matt's stuff was. All his things were probably going to be chewed up. I didn't have time to smile about it because Matt was on top of me, taking advantage of one of my weaknesses: I'm very ticklish.