Don't trust adults

Chapter like eight I think? Meh,
Jasper's pov

"Hi," Mr. Quinn said into the phone as he walked outside, "stay here," he told us, James and I both nodded at him. "Michael Quinn, yes, I teach your sons-" and that's all we heard before the door closed leaving us to hear only whispers of what he was saying.

James was smiling, it was the first time in a long time that I'd seen him this happy. "Do your wrists still hurt?" I asked, trying to pass the time. He nodded, "I want it to stop bleeding," he looked at our teacher then at his wrists, "I don't want to cut myself anymore." My brother whispered softly.

I smiled, a week ago he was ready to kill himself. "Because him?" I asked, also looking out at our teacher, James nodded, "self harming is a habit that I've gotten into," he whispered, "it's probably going to be hard to get out of, but I want to try. For him and you."

I was surprised, "me?"

He nodded, "I love you. And it's not fair that you have had to watch me hurt myself for so long. I want to make it up to you; the best way I can think of is to stop cutting."

I nodded, "Love you, too." I told my brother, he smiled. It was rare occasion when we told each other 'I love you,' but when it did happen it was meaningful.

An awkward silence pasted before Mr. Quinn came through the door, "What a wonderful lady," He said, as he handed me my phone back, I looked at James and he snorted. "She's more crazy than Hunter is," he told Mr. Quinn.

A look passed through his eyes, it was brief but unmistakable; anger. "You should be more respectful," he said simply, keeping his usual level-headedness, "let's go," he told us before turning around and going back outside leaving James and I to follow behind.

*
James' pov

He slowed his pace for us to catch up which I was grateful for; to keep up with his normal pace I'd be doing a light jog and like Hunter I hated running. "I have something to tell you." I blurted out.

He looked over at me unamused, "is it about you and Hunter pretending to be dating? Yes, I already know about that James and I don't like that you lied to me, again."

I looked at the snowy ground, "I'm sorry," I mumble do as he unlocked his car, "Jass you get front." My brother didn't argue as he went around the car.

I heard the door open and slam shut before he started talking, "why do you feel the need to lie to me?" He asked.

"What?"

"You know what I'm talking about so answer the question. I know that you're not stupid, James." I looked up at him and told him the complete truth even though in my eyes it left me completely vulnerable. "You're an adult. The other adults that I've had in my life either lie to me, have left me, or have hurt me beyond the point that I would even think of repairing the relationship. Lying about - well, you know," I pointed to my wrists and he nodded to continue, "it was my way of trying not to get hurt again." Looking at my shoes I blinked away tears; I've only known this man for a couple of hours and yet he probably knows me as well as Hunter does but thankfully not as well as Jasper does.

A couple of slow moments pasted before I looked up at him, tears still threatening to fall. There was a look of pity in his eyes and I knew that Hunter was wrong about him liking me and Jass. He felt sorry for us and that was the only reason he was trying to 'help'.

"I don't need your pity." I stated, turning on my heels on an attempt to get away from him. He grabbed my wrist to prevent me from leaving, probably forgetting about the cuts.

I cried out in pain and fell to my knees. The tears that were threatening me earlier were now flowing freely. I felt his presence beside me on the ground as I heard him mumbling 'sorry' over and over.