Matt And Michael Make Up

#19

Jasper's pov

I glared at Matt as James pulled us behind him into Michael's room. Why would he touch James like that? I didn't even think that he was gay. The only reasonable explanation was that he was trying to steal James away from Michael to get back at him. Either that or he truly liked James. But he wouldn't be as stupid as to flirt with James and not think that Michael and me are not going to do something about it, right? Ugh, why is their relationship so complicated?

"Michael, how are you feeling?" James asked, letting go of both mine and Matt's hands. "Tired and stressed, Matt I thought you left." Michael mumbled staring up at the ceiling. I was beginning to think that he had stopped caring when Matt left, he hasn't been his usual sarcastic, fun self and he definitely hasn't smiled. Matt took a step forward, "I was planning on it but the little cutie over there," he pointed towards James, "convinced me not to, said something about you lovin' me too much?"

James jumped on top of Michael's legs causing him to groan. "I didn't say that, but you do love him, right Michael?" My brother asked, completely unaware that he was probably hurting Michael by sitting on top of him. "I used to," Michael mumbled, "more than he could ever imagine." I saw Matt roll his eyes. And then I realized what must of happened between them, Michael was in love with Matt and now Matt is pushing Michael away because he doesn't want to hurt his cousin again. But how does flirting with James fit into this?

James looked at me and I could tell that he was thinking the same thing. "I have to go to the bathroom, James come with me." I said causing Michael and Matt to look at me and James to crawl off the bed and chase after me. When we got out to the hall James looked at me oddly. "I tried to push him off but he was too strong and well when I looked into his eyes I saw friendliness like in Michael's eyes and well I decided that he wouldn't hurt me and stopped trying to push him away." James explained and I nodded. "At least you tried to push him away." I mumbled.

"I think we need to give Matt and Michael some cousin bonding time," I mumbled, James nodded, "it seems like they have issues to work out."

"But I don't think that Michael wants to be left alone with Matt." I said, James shrugged, "sometimes I don't want to be left alone with you and Michael leaves." I glared at him and he started giggling, "my point is that Michael knows that it won't hurt me to be left alone with you. It won't hurt Michael to be left alone with Matt. Plus what are we doing right now," I gasped in realization. I'm so stupid sometimes.

I rushed in the room, Michael was still on the bed but he was crying. Matt sit in the chair next to the bed, holding his cousins hand, they both look up at me when I walked in. "Michael, are you okay?" I asked, he nodded, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand. "Ya, I'm fine, babe. Could you give us another second?" I nodded.

James came behind me, "we actually have to leave now. Mom texted us, we'll talk to you later, Michael." My brother said, running into the room hugging our teacher, grabbing the coat that Michael gave him and my hat and gloves. "Bye Matt." James waved Matt used his free hand to wave back. "Bye James."

"Bye, Michael." I mumbled as James handed me the hat and gloves. "Are you two walking home?" He asked, all evidence that he was crying gone. "Yes, our house is like 5 minutes away." James answered, he nodded. "Text me when you get home please." He said, James and I said okay in union before looking at each other and leaving.

*
Michael's pov

Ever since I saw Matt I was in love with him. I held my feelings from him until two months after his mom died, I was eighteen at the time and he was twenty-two. He had screamed at me and kicked me out of his life. I shouldn't have told him. He had already lost someone close to him and I made him lose the person closest to him; me. I knew he wasn't gay but I wanted to be there for him not just as his kid cousin but as a lover. He didn't think of it the same way.