Stop pouting, kitten

Chapter 5 - James' pov

I hadn't told anybody about my cutting issue, not even Jasper, he'd figured it out by himself. I didn't tell Hunter either, she still doesn't know. I have no idea what made me tell a complete stranger. Something had told me that he wouldn't hurt me, emotionally or physically. That all he wanted to do was protect me.

I sigh into his shoulder, I can like feel Jasper staring at me as Mr. Quinn carries me to his car. "It's okay, kitten. Don't be scared." He reassures me, I snuggle into his shoulder more. I've never really had a nickname before. I mean, 'Dork' and 'nerd' don't count. Oh and my personal favourite: 'Jasper's brother'. Love that one.

He lets me sit in the front and makes Jasper sit in the back. I'm beginning to like Mr. Quinn more and more. Although I'm still not looking forward to that 'just you and me' talk that he said we were going to have.

I look at and Jasper to realize that he's still staring at me. I did what he wanted, I told Mr. Quinn about my problem and now I'm 'getting help'. Why does he look so mad?

"What?" I asked, Mr. Quinn just stayed silent.

"What?" He asked back. I hate it when he does that, he knows exactly what he's doing to bug me.

"Why are you staring and me like you want me dead?"

"I'm not." Oh yes he is. Usually I'm quiet and people describe me as 'shy'. But when I'm with people I like there's a huge difference with that description.

"Then how would you describe it?"

"Describe what?"

"You're staring at me." Jasper looked completely pissed off at me. And I don't know what I did. Sure he gets like that when I cut but I haven't done it in a week. He hasn't left me alone long enough.

Mr. Quinn coughed as if he was trying to let us know that he was still there. Like yes, I can see your sexy ass now shut up so I can argue with my brother.

"Puppy has anyone ever told you staring is rude?" I laughed at Jasper and he stuck his tongue out at me. Oh well, Mr. Quinn's taking my side.

"And kitten, turn around and stop picking fights." Or so I thought. I turned around in my seat well Jasper laughed back at me. I crossed my arms over my chest and put a pouty face on.

"Stop pouting, kitten, it's not very attractive and we'l be back at the school in like two minutes."

*

"James!!" Hunter cried as we walked through the front doors of the school. "I thought you were dead!" She jumped into my arms, giving me a big bear hug.

Jasper laughed at us, but I could tell that Mr. Quinn was impressed that I could lift Hunt up. She was a few centimetres taller than me but that was only because her shoes. Without them we're pretty much the same hight.

"I assure you Hunter, I am not a murder or a rapist." Mr. Quinn stated, pausing to watch us hug. He almost looked jealous. I liked it.

"But, I didn't know that," Hunt said, when I put her down. She pulled me close and ran her fingers through my hair. It was unusual to get hugs from Hunter. She's not the 'touchy feely' type. But when she wants to make a statement or a point look out. "My baby," she purred.

I could feel Jasper rolling his eyes at us, "get a room," he said causally.

I heard Mr. Quinn sigh, "are you done, Hunter? I sort of have a limited amount of time."

"Nuh-uh," she said, pulling me closer so that my head was in the crook of her neck. I caught on to her plan pretty quick. She saw his jealously too.

"Hunter, babe." I said pulling away from her but keeping my hands around her waist. "I'll be back in a bit."

"Are you okay?" She asked in her best concerned voice.

"I'm fine, I'll tell you later."

"Promise?"

"I promise." I kiss her cheek before letting go and taking her hand. She happily intertwined our fingers as we looked over at a very jealous teacher and a awe-struck brother.

"You two are dating?" Jass asked.

"Yep," Hunt and I answer in union.

Mr. Quinn looked angry and jealous. I'm totally playing with fire right now. "How long?" My brother continued to question.

"A month,-"

"We were going to tell you,"

"But James didn't know how,"

"It wasn't that I didn't want to,"

"He did"

"It was just it's sort of awkward conversation to bring up." I finished and Jasper almost looked as angry as Mr. Quinn.

"Hey Jasper," my brother started, "I have a girlfriend. How hard is that?"

"Who also happened to be my best friend since ninth grade," How does he not get what we're doing?

"James, do you still want my help or not?" Mr. Quinn asked impatiently. I got the feeling that he didn't like it when Jass and I fight.

Hunter raised an eyebrow at me, "he does." My brother answered for me. "Go get your stuff, meet me back here in ten minutes."

"I want Jasper to come." Jasper and I have these little arguments a lot but it never stops us from making up with in ten minutes. Plus maybe if Jasper's there we won't have the 'just me and you talk'

"That's fine." He said, walking away.

Jasper grabbed the hand that Hunter wasn't holding and dragged me down the hall.

Hunter had known that Jass and I need to talk so she let go of my hand and we yelled our goodbyes.