You thinking what I'm thinking?

Chapter three - Jasper's pov

The bell rung for lunch ten minutes ago and now I'm waiting for James by his locker. We need to get this whole detention thing worked out because we have to work tonight. I don't feel like getting fired because some idiot teacher that thinks he's funny. Besides, talking about James' problem will only take a the lunch period. I don't care, it's not like I have friends and I've already eaten my apple.

I saw James walking down the hall with his head down. His face his red and there's was sweat still in his hair. He still has his long sleeve gym shirt on, and a pair of jeans. His sweater probably in his gym bag. "Hi," He says, quietly, putting in his locker combination. 30-24-15. It unlocks and he throws his gym bag in and grabs his apple, and shoves it in his pocket.

"Hey, you thinking what I'm thinking?" I said, as he locked the lock back on his locker. That would be a good tongue twister. "Probably for different reasons." I nod, "where do you think he'll be?" I knew James just wanted to talk to him to get out of detention because of the work thing and didn't want to talk about his problem.

"Teacher's lounge?" He asked, looking around probably for Hunter. I'm convinced that they're dating but he hasn't said anything about it and he tells me everything. I start walking towards the teacher's lounge, it's at the other side of the school.

We're half way there, James in front of me when he stops randomly. "Ow, James, what the hell ma-" he points to an oh so familiar figure leaving the building. His long black hair sticking out in the crowd. Most of the kids at our school had dyed their hair a bright and fun colour and wore bright clothes. Him on the other hand black hair and clothes. James starts to run to catch up, I follow after him.

Mr. Quinn opens the first set of doors and holds them open for us. "Hello, James, Jasper." He greets each of us which is nice for a change. Usually people greet us as 'the twins'. He lets the door slam shut so we can talk in private.

"Hey, Mr. Quinn." James said, happily. Ugh, I think James is taking a liking to Mr. Quinn. "What are you two up to? I hope that you're not planning on going outside. If you had a jacket that would be a different story. I mean it's the middle of winter and we live in Canada." He pointed out.

"No," I ignored his captain obvious moment because I didn't want to get in anymore trouble, "we wanted to talk to you about our detention, see we have to work tonight so," James nodded in agreement. "Hmm, I was just about to go out for lunch. We have about 35 minutes of lunch left." He said, looking at his watch.

He took off his jacket and gloves off and handed the jacket to James, he handed the gloves and a black hat that he pulled out of his bag to me. "Let's talk over lunch, then you can make up your detention some other day after school."

I sighed, we really needed to keep our jobs. James puts on Mr. Quinn's jacket and it's way to baggy. Mr. Quinn laughs and leads both James and I outside. But then I remember something. "Umm, Mr. Quinn?" I ask, he slows down a little to let James and I catch up.

"Yes, Jasper?" I love how he can tell us apart so easily, on the other hand, it also annoys me beyond belief. I'm not sure if I should love it or hate it.

"Thanks for the offer but, umm" he looks at me side aways I look at James and knows he's thinking the same thing.

"But what, Jasper?"

"But we don't have any money to pay for lunch," I mumble, looking at the ground. James is now standing beside me, hugging himself to keep warm.

"That's not a problems boys, my treat."

"We can't-"

"Yes, you will or you'll be in detention after school and lose your job. You can pay me back by not lying anymore. I hate liars."

Then he walks away, leaving James and I to follow. I do know that I hate when he does that. It's incredibly annoying.