Chapter 14: Scanner and Test

(Kanan pov)

I lead Arianna back to the Ghost. Once we get there, I find Hera and the others waiting for us in the cockpit.
"Give us a minute," I tell my crew. They all nod and disappear to other parts of the ship. I gesture for Arianna to sit down in a seat and she does.
I reach into a hidden panel in the cockpit and withdraw a portable blood scanner.
"Hold still," I tell Arianna, who nods. I prick her finger with the needle and insert it into the scanner. She flinches.
"Did you do this to Ezra?" The girl asks.
I shake my head. "I didn't need to. I could clearly sense his Force abilities."
Then a sudden realization hits me. "Arianna, did you take any pills or drugs at the Imperial Academy?"
"No. Wait... There was one pill. Twice a day, my father-Agent Kallus-would come into my room and give me a pill. It was white and I was barely able to pick it up, it was so tiny."
"Do you know what the pill was for?" I ask.
She shakes her head and her red hair flies. "No. I trusted my father... I trusted the Empire. Why?"
"It's a possibility that they might have given you a drug so that people couldn't sense your Force-sensitivity."
"But they don't know if I'm Force-sensitive," Arianna points out.
"You're right." The scanner beeps and I turn to it and read the results out loud.
"Your midiclorain count is...."