Chapter 1: The Beginning Of An End

(Ezra pov)

Kanan and I walk outside of the Ghost. He ignites his lightsaber and I activate mine. The blue blades both glow brightly as we hold them in defensive stances.
"Ready, Ezra?" My Master asks.
"You're going down, Kanan," I tell him, grinning. He smiles smugly back.
"Oh, am I?" He charges and I barely have time to parry his first blow. I strike back, but he blocks my strike. Then he leaps and somersaults over my head, kicking my lightsaber out of my hand. I sigh and flip down on the ground. "Carabast. I'm never going to get the hang of this!"
Kanan sits down beside me. "Yes, you will. Just keep trying and working hard at it."
"Thought there was no try?" I grin at him.
He sighs and smiles lightly. "There isn't." Then, he turns toward the Ghost and sees something there. "Go," he nudges me. "We'll continue later. Someone's waiting for you."
"Huh?" I sit up and turn around. The newest member of our team, Jessie Lovt, is standing there, waiting for me. I smile my thanks at Kanan and run over to my new girlfriend.
"Hi," she smiles.
"Hey," I reply, grinning.
"Hera wants us to go on a supply run in Klothal," she says. "She says we can go, just the two of us."
"Good old Hera. Alright, what are we waiting for?" I ask her. She laughs and shakes her head, and we head over to the airspeeder parked beside the Ghost, me grabbing my lightsaber along the way. Jessie has both of her lightsabers clipped to her waist, the red one and the purple on her sister gave her.
I climb onto the airspeeder and Jessie climbs on behind me. She wraps her arms around my waist and we take off for Klothal. I look behind me and Kanan does a quick wave and heads inside. I wave back and zoom off with my girlfriend.

(Jessie pov)

I feel a rush of excitement as Ezra drives us towards Klothal. I have my arms around his strong waist and a few minutes into the drive, he turns around and smiles at me. My heart flutters at his wide smile.
"So, what supplies are we getting?" He shouts over the sound of the engine.
I pull out the list that Hera gave me and read it aloud. "Fuel, yojan fruits, and one Imperial shield generator. The only thing that will be hard to get is the shield generator."
"Well, we'll just have to steal it," my boyfriend grins. I smile back at him, and he leans in and lightly kisses me. Then, we reach Klothal's outskirts and he hides our airspeeder in an abandoned building. We head towards the marketplace.

(Unknown pov)

I have been sleeping in abandoned houses, mostly ones with "Keep Out!" and "Do Not Enter!" signs. This morning, I stole some yojans from a vendor in Klothal. I ate them all, I was so hungry. Come to think of it, I could use some more. Back to the marketplace, I guess. Now if I could just avoid contact with any stormtroopers and Imperials....