Chapter 23~ Pod Racing

Jordan's POV

I crumbled the note up into a ball, then threw it. Tom looked at me weirdly.

"Don't worry bout it." I said. He nodded. "Do you wanna do something today? Like, I don't know, race?" I asked.

"What type of race?" Tom asked.

I thought for a moment. A running race seemed too boring. We need to do something like a vehicle race. A pod race.

"Pod racing." I said. Tom looked confused. "You'll see when we make the pods." I said. I walked into the kitchen and over to my mom.

"Stay safe. Tom and I are going to pod race." I said.

"I'm old enough to look out for myself. Have fun you two. And no funny business, you got me?" Mom asked.

Why.

"Yeah yeah.. See you later." I said. I grabbed Tom's hand and we walked outside. Tom looked at me, smirking, and asked, "By funny business does she mean-"

"Yes." I quickly answered. He laughed. "We wouldn't do that." He said. Then Tom mumbled something. I couldn't really hear what he said, but I'm pretty sure he said not yet.

I ignored it. That won't be able to get out of my head though.

"So what do we do first?" He asked.

"I want to do it somewhere other than here. Like in another dimension." I said.

"We could do it in the Nether!" Tom said. "No way. It's way too hot in there." I said.

"Well then where will it be?" He asked. I pulled out a small book I always keep with me. It shows a lot of things that you can create. I flipped through it until something caught my eye.

A dimension changer.

I showed it to Tom. "So you use it to change dimensions?" He asked. I nodded. "And apparently everything there is flat. No trees, hills, nothing." I said.

"Then let's get started on making them!"
__
After we made two dimension changers, it was almost night.

"How do we use it?" Tom asked. I looked at the book again.

"Just pull back on it." I said. I showed him how. Tom nodded, pulling back on the changer, then squealed when a bright light consumed him. I pulled back and closed my eyes, not wanting to be blind.

Once the light disappeared, I opened my eyes to see Tom walking around. He was amazed at the place.

"You weren't kidding when you said everything was flat." He said. I nodded. "Let's start building the track first." I said.
__
Tom's POV

This place was amazing. Despite the fact that literally nothing was here, it was a huge flat land. Super flat.

Sparklez and I had plenty of room to build the track. We began to build many different obstacles, and twists and turns. I was surprised when I was a house ahead of me.

"Sparklez, look! It's a house." I said, pointing towards it. He looked in the direction I was pointing. His eyes went wide.

"Let's go check it out!" Sparklez said, running towards the house. I ran after him. The closer we got to the house, the sooner we realized that he house was apart of a village. Villagers walked in and out of their small homes.

A villager in a purple coat came over to Sparklez and I. He squinted his eyes at us.

"Are you people real?" He asked.

"I'm pretty sure we are." Sparklez said. The man looked at me. His eyes went wide.

"Monster!" He screamed.

"No, I'm not a monster!" I said. The man ran away. That was rude. Just because I look like a zombie doesn't mean I am one.

Sparklez rubbed his hand up and down my back. "It's okay Tom." He said. I nodded, turning back around, and walking back to the track.
__
Once we finished with the track, we started on building our pods. I finished mine in about ten minutes, while Sparklez was taking forever.

"Are you done yet?" I asked. I walked over to him. Sparklez was sitting in the pod. He looked at me and smiled. "Yes." He said.

I looked at his pod. It looked like a toilet.

"It kinda looks like a toilet." I said, trying not to laugh.

"Just shut up and get ready!" Sparklez yelled. Well then. I walked to my pod and hopped in.

"On the count of three! One... Two... Three!" Sparklez said. We both moved forward. Sparklez drifted to me, pushing me.

"You push me!" I yelled.

"I did not push you!" Sparklez yelled back. "YOU PUSH ME!" I yelled back louder. We both laughed.

I turned around a curve, going left and right over the obstacles. There was one was where you have to go up a bit. I failed. Sparklez succeeded. I got stuck in the ground. I tried to move, but I couldn't.

"I-t..it's broke." I said.

"It is not broken! Pods just don't break." Sparklez said.

"IT'S BROKEN!" I yelled in a weird voice.
__
Today was fun. I wished everyday was like this with Sparklez.

We were back at his place. We laid on Sparklez bed. Sparklez laid his head on my chest.

A few minutes later, I could hear soft snores escape from him. I smiled and kissed his head, falling quickly to sleep.
__
Jesus I've not updated in a long time. Idk.

Tomorrow I won't update because I'll be at a lake all day.

My account on IFunny has just hit 900 subs. I was so happy, and I still am happy.

Question: why are you reading this

Hedgehogs.
    ~Bayleigh