Chapter 2~ Battle with Guard Tom

Jordan's POV
_____________

Guard Tom? Who did they mean by Guard Tom?

I turned around to see a fairly tall man walking across the gym floor.

Guard Tom was a ginger. He wore a light green shirt with green pants. "I see that we've gotten a new student?" Guard Tom said, pointing towards me.

Everyone's attention was on me.

I don't like this.

"Come down here, please."

I got up from the bleachers and walked down to the gym floor.

"What is your name?" Guard Tom asked.

"Jordan Sparklez." I replied quietly.

"Jordan Sparklez?" He repeated. I nodded.

"I'm going to call you Captain. Is that ok?"

"Yeah, that's fine."

"Okay! So, everyone knows what I do with newcomers! You can ask Dg. He was new once." Guard Tom pointed to Dg.

Dg's eyes grew wide. He furiously nodded his head. "I was weak back then, sir. But now I know my skills!"

Guard Tom laughed. "Of course you do!"

He turned to me. "Are you great in combat, Captain?"

I heard murmurs behind me. They were probably talking about him calling me Captain.

I nodded. "How good exactly?" Guard Tom asked.

"When I was younger, before I moved here, my dad trained with me every day on combat skills."

Guard Tom nodded. "So what would you do if I did this?" His fist flew towards me, but I dodged it.

"I would dodge it." I said, smiling.

"Clever. But are you quick?" Guard Tom threw another punch and I dodged again.

This time, instead of punching, he kicked below my feet. Surprisingly, I jumped before he could trip me.

"I like this! You are very fast and know what to do unlike some people." Guard Tom said, glaring at Dg.

"Thomas! Down here, now!" He yelled for Tom. Tom ran down the bleachers and walked over beside me.

"What do you need?" Tom asked.

"I need you to go and get the targets. And get a bow with some arrows for me and Captain." Guard Tom ordered.

Tom ran across the gym and into a room. The door closed behind him.

Guard Tom turned to me. "Are you good with a bow?"

I smiled and nodded.

"Did your father teach you?" He asked.

"Yes he did. He taught me a lot of stuff about combat."

Guard Tom nodded. "Well, that is good."

I heard the door open and saw a target fly through.

Another target came flying through. Tom walked out with two bows in one hand and arrows in the other.

"Are they enchanted?" Guard Tom asked.

"Yeah. They don't have fire or punch on them. They have Power, I think." Tom said.

"Thank you Thomas. You are excused to go back to the bleachers."

Tom nodded. He ran back up the bleachers to Tucker and Nade.