1 - The Devil Wears Armani

One quick question - Are you ready to meet Viraj? ;)

Sugar.

Ripping the small packet of sugar, I added it in my coffee but halted abruptly when another mug... well, not just another, the ink black coffee mug that I had placed under the tube was filled until the rim with the transparent hot black coffee.

The smell of coffee filled my senses as I lifted the mug, placing it right beside my normal cup and turned off the fancy machine. Thankfully, the coffee room was deserted so I didn't have to rush.

I had always preferred chai over coffee but unlike me, most of the people here preferred coffee hence, the coffee room. A steaming cup of coffee is the next best thing to get through the long working hours.

Looking out through the blinds, I mindlessly added the remaining sugar in my coffee.

"Sh*t!"

I mumbled impatiently as I heard some murmur and mormor-nings, instantly abandoning everything, I carefully lifted the ink black mug and stormed out, towards the sombre looking door.

Just like every other day, I opened the door, stepped inside and delicately placed the mug at the edge of the gleaming pitch-black colossal table. 3 quick steps.

Like a bat out of hell, I immediately turned around and stepped outside, gently closing the door behind me.

I felt at much ease when I returned back to the coffee room to pick up my coffee. 3 quick steps. Everyday these 3 quick steps makes me loose my nerve. Now relaxed, I lifted my mug when a flicker of black suit caught my eye through the blinds. Damn! that was close.

Ladies and Gentlemen, Welcome to my life in Sanghvi Publishing House (SPH).

One of the leading publishing home of India, which pretty much publish everything- from books, paperbacks, magazines, articles about the movies to- even comics. It was founded by the former CEO, Aditya Sanghvi. Add a skilled daughter and an extremely talented son and you my friend, have a recipe of SPH.

Sipping on my coffee, I walked towards my cubicle, after passing by my co-workers. Settling in my chair, I turned on my computer and waited for it start.

Glitz - primarily an effeminate magazine, started by the skilled daughter/the CFO, Rhea Sanghvi and published by-you-know-who. The magazine features articles on fashion, travel, cuisine, beauty, interior decoration, health, relationships, fitness and bla...bla...bla.

Don't be so ignorant, Neena! You write for that magazine.

My deparment was- The Cuisine. Compared to the people who write about interior and examination tips, I love, freaking love my job. I mean seriously, who wouldn't want to write about food?

Apart from my beloved work, I also do some necessay acts-more like... necessary chores left in the cold.

"Neena, Mr. Sanghvi is asking for you?" Tanvi, one of my colleague informed me earnestly.

"Me?" I asked, less confused and more alarmed while she nodded back in return.

Why was he asking for me? What did I do? Dreaded, I wondered about the different prospects as I headed towards his office, the very same way I went earlier.

Even though, it's been more than a month since I started working here but I still remember my first and only meeting with my boss.

During my second day in SPH, his secretary- a fourty-two-year-old stern looking woman asked me to bring a cup of black coffee and place it in his office, I did as I was told.