Answers

It was late at night, Elizabeth was beginning to fall asleep. She had been staying awake the longest she could, waiting for the ministry to take her away. But now she just couldn’t stay awake anymore and began to doze off. She heard footsteps again and the door was opened. She looked up to see Snape entering her small cell and closing the door behind him. He slid down next to her and made himself as comfortable as he could get, but not before placing another tick blanket around her. With a small sigh she rested her head at his shoulder and fell into sleep. Breathing heavily as she finally felt safe.

Snape was so silent and calm that if you didn’t know better you would think he was sleeping to. But no, he stayed awake, watching as her chest moved up and down and feeling the weight of Elizabeth’s head resting on his shoulder. “I won’t give up on you.” He mumbled at last.

When the morning came Snape feeling rather exhausted and tired left the sleeping Elizabeth alone. Making it towards Dumbledore’s office, on the matter of a meeting. The second he entered he found Umbridge having an argument with some of the other teachers while people from the ministry was arguing with Dumbledore. “We have to act now. There has been another attack. A twelve year old. She is still unconscious.” Umbridge spoke. “I am afraid that is not possible.” Snape’s cold voice and scowling face met them all and the room feel silent. So silent that you would hear a pen drop. “Why is that? What do you mean Snape?” Umbridge barked, taking a step forward. But Snape was standing just as straight as before. Glancing over the crowd with his dark eyes. “Because Ms Taylor was with me.” The room fell silent and the aurors that was supposed to pick Elizabeth up today and escort her to Azkaban looked at each other questioningly. Umbridge’s gaze dropped. “I am sure, if you don’t mind me saying so, that you must have been mistaken. Isn’t that right Kingsley?”

Kingsley dressed in his blue and purple African robe did not answer at once. It looked like he was chewing his words. McGonagall interrupted “Maybe there is another reason for these attacks. I think we should wait and see what happens.”

“What? What about the children? What about the school’s reputation and the Ministry? We cannot wait any further.” Umbridge spoke, desperation in her voice. “I think we have a few days to spare before we take any rash actions Professor.” The headmaster spoke. Eying her closely. “But if there is something you would like to share Professor, I suggest you do it now.” He said, looking over his glassed and into her small icy blue eyes. “No, Nothing.” She said quickly and gestured for the aurors to move.

“I don’t want any of this to leak out to the students.” Dumbledore spoke to the remaining parts of the teacher staff before dismissing everyone.  

When it began getting Dark Snape entered Elizabeth’s cell, only this time she was much more awake. He slid down the wall opposite her and looked at her face. She didn’t look at him, actually it seemed like she avoided him. “How do you feel?” He asked, trying to be nice and with effort. “Fine.” She mumbled with a horse tone. Her voice was soar, but the answer was given so fast that Snape instantly knew she was lying. He tried to let it go, and overlook it. But there was something inside of him that wanted him to continue. That longed for the truth. After what seemed like hours of silence he needed answers. “What’s on your mind?” His eyes bored into her gaze, trying to make eye contact. The eye contact she refused giving him. She didn’t answer, but shifted her weight uncomfortably. Not really knowing she was doing so. “Look at me.” His voice was demanding, not to be mistaken off. But yet his intentions were good.

She didn’t look at him, only concentrated harder on one spot. Snape knew the technique, shutting someone out. “Look at me!” He growled, beginning to get impatient. “What is it?” His teeth was clenched together and the sound came out as a sneering. “Tell me.” He continued.

“I am embarrassed okay?!” She yelled back at him and continued to look away. Snape calmed a little bit down, making her words sink in as it became silent again. “Why?” He said coldly, looking through cracks in his eyes. Her face wasn’t even in his direction, turned the other way. Looking at the full moon. There was a sound from a long distance, making everything else turn silent.

Snape leaned forward and forced her to look at him. “You know something, don’t you?” His statement was confirmed when she didn’t answer, but shifted her weight again. “What is it?” He asked coldly, sitting back. “It’s nothing.” She mumbled. “Yes there is, now tell me.” He continued. “No.” She said firmly. It was like his water boiled over and for the first time he drew out his wand and pointed it directly at her. His movement was so quick that Elizabeth didn’t even have the time to react. “Tell me, or I’ll force it out of you. Believe me I will.” He said, making her swallow. She felt venerable, defenseless. Another moment passed by without a word being spoken. “I give you one more chance, tell me now.” He said, pressing his wand into her chin.

Her eyes began to fill up with water as she met his gaze. Automatically he lowered his wand, but didn’t put it away. It was still pointed at her, just not at her face. “Tell me, please?” He added the last part at the end of his sentence. “Umbridge put something in my tea.” She mumbled, turning away from him again. Feeling more stupid than ever. “Go on.” Snape continued, not giving her mercy and stop interrogating her. “It happened a few days ago, when you were out having classes. She gave me this liquid, it tasted like mud dipped in sugar.” It was silent before she continued again, making realization draw over his face. “It was the day before that man almost died.”