confused

Elizabeth went to bed that night with a good feeling. A feeling she hadn’t had in a long time. It was like she knew everything was going to be alright. Why? She did not know. How was also a mystery. The warmth and comfort the bed gave her almost reminded her of home. Voldemort seemed too far away, almost like he didn’t exist.

Her night was dreamless and she woke up fully charged. She took her time and dressed in one of her own robes. Made of the finest material. She brushed her hair smooth and let it fall down her back. She added some lip stick, feeling like it soothed her. With that she walked down the stairs and made her way to the kitchen table. “Good morning Professor.” Harry spoke, sitting next to Sirius who looked shocked. “Good morning to you to.” She replied and sat down. Waving her wand to pore some tea.  She took a bite of her toast at the same time as the cup with the hot liquid came floating towards her. “So Harry. What does Ms. Taylor teach?” Sirius asked determent not to speak to her. “Charms.” Harry said, not picking up Sirius way of acting.

“So what are you doing here Professor, If you don’t mind me asking?” Harry asked. “Vacation.” She replied taking a sip of her tea. “I haven’t seen Sirius in years so I figured I should pay him a little visit.” She lied smoothly. It was almost like Sirius believed her. She picked up the Daily Prophet and read on the front page.

“The Boy Who Lies?” Out loud. There was a large picture of Harry, looking a little pale. The second sentence said. “Dolores Umbridge on the behalf of the Ministry…” She didn’t even bother to read the rest before throwing it away and finishing her tea. “I’ll tell you who lies.” She mumbled under her breath so nobody could hear. But Sirius and Harry were already in a deep conversation about God knew what.

Not many others sat by the table. Some of the order members were present, together with Fred and George asking out Nymphadora if she knew about anything that could help you change appearance like her.

With a sigh she got to her feet, but not before her eyes landed on Harry’s hand. He sent her a look that told her not to say anything and she considered it for a moment. She narrowed her eyes at him and walked out of the room. Snape were probably at Hogwarts, but she couldn’t figure out if she was relived he was or not.

****

The time passed by quickly. The life with Sirius in your heels wasn’t exactly fun. No matter what you did he still hated you. Elizabeth had learned to overlook it. Soon months had went and Snape hadn’t even paid her one visit. It was probably because of the security and the fear of being caught she told herself. But she knew she was lying to herself when she said so.

It was Tuesday afternoon and Elizabeth made her way down the stairs to the kitchen. When she realized the members of the Phoenix had a meeting she was about to go up again, so she wouldn’t get caught, but then she heard a very familiar voice and froze. “Oh why don’t we ask your dog instincts, maybe we’ll learn something.” The sneering voice, roared through the walls.

Anger. It was all she felt. Pure anger. Without thinking she launched forward and bolted in the door. Not even knowing what to say. “What on earth are you doing here!” She sneered, looking at Snape before Sirius could say something inappropriate about her. “What do you think! I am a member of the order, now get out!” He said and in a matter of seconds she was pushed outside. The door was slammed shut and everything felt silent. Like there wasn’t anyone on the other side. She pressed her ear close to the door, but didn’t hear anything. With a sigh she sat down on one of the steps and leaned her head at her palm. What on earth is going on? She asked herself.

The meeting went on forever and she had dipped off at the end of it. When her vision cleared again the kitchen door was open and the members had left. “Damn it!” She cursed and hit her fist into the wall.