Going one step to far and the patience runs out...

Snape came to pay a small visit, but it wasn’t long. It was sort of just a snort as a hallo and then he growled to another person, before disappearing again. The people wasn’t exactly nice to her, you could say that. But Elizabeth bit her teeth together and managed to hold her nasty comment back down.

She was in her bedroom when suddenly things clicked. That dinner had been one of the most unpleasant dinners she had been through during her short stay.

When she had entered the room, the people who sat there fell silent. Looking up at here like she was an intruder. She sat down without making a word and joined them. Nobody said anything. Until Sirius just couldn’t hold himself and had to embarrass her further. “So tell me, is there nobody else that cares for you? Is that the reason you have come here?” Elizabeth swallowed the urge to jump forward and strangle him, instead she smiled a fake smile towards him and took a bite of Mrs. Weasleys smashed potato.

It continued like this and Elizabeth had to hold out. When it was time for dessert she couldn’t take it anymore. Seeing how Sirius was preparing his next question. Instead she excused herself and headed upstairs.

She was angry, and that was never any good sign. A tornado was inside of her and she just wanted to punch someone. Not thinking clear she got to her feet and changed into something more comfortable of her own clothes. Witch Snape from a lot of arguments had agreed to bring.

She stormed down the stairs and walked straight in on their meeting. “What the-“ Sirius growled, but Elizabeth had too much energy to take any more. “No you listen!” She sneered, ignoring whatever if they thought she had been spying or not. “I know you don’t like me very much and I know you hate that I am here. I have said I am sorry and I’ve done everything in my power to try and make things better. You have humiliated me and made my stay the most unpleasant-“ Sirius interrupted her by standing up and sneering back. “How dare you! You should have been in Azkaban for the things you’ve done!  You’re probably Voldemort’s lover, your family too!”

Elizabeth’s face changed and it was filled with rage. “Don’t bring my family in on this.” “You mean the family that probably killed more people than it is in this room! I speak about them just as I want. After all they got you!” Elizabeth blinked, looking at him in shock as the words sank in. Then she spoke three words very calmly, together with her eyes become watery. Struggling to hold them back. “They are dead.” Her voice was calm, but she then was hanging in the air. She couldn’t hold them back anymore and hurried out of the room.

She stormed out the front door and let the tears fall silently down her face. It was cold outside, but this time she was fully dressed. She brought out a pair of black leader gloves from her coat and took them on. Letting the last few tears fall. She wasn’t stupid and wandered too far. She sat down on an empty parch bench and sighed. Feeling a little bit childish. He hadn’t hurt her that much, but still it stung. She brought her hand up to her neck where her necklace of a leave where and held it there. She felt better, every time she did that. “I am so sorry.” She mumbled out loud. Not knowing who she was talking to. She didn’t believe in God, nor did she in angles. Yet it felt good, thinking that they existed.

She heard footsteps coming towards her and to her surprise it was Nymphadora. She had expected Molly or something, but not her. The auror didn’t say anything when she sat down next to her with a sigh. They say there for a few minutes until Tonks said. “So how did they die?”

Elizabeth was intending to keep her mouth shut and ignore her, but instead found herself saying. “They were murdered.”  The air was silent, almost too silent. It was like the trees and the wind listened with open ears on what she had to say. The night was clear and she looked up to one of the stars. The moon was unusual bright, shining high up on the sky. Giving light to the lonely street there were in. “By who?” Tonks asked already knowing the answer. “Who do you think?” She snapped, glaring at her. She paused before continuing. This time a little bit calmer. “It was my fault. I was the one running away.”

“Was you parents too a-“

“No.” Elizabeth replied before she could finish her sentence. “Did they deserve it?” The woman with pink hair asked. Elizabeth sighed, now twirling the leave shaped charm in her hand. “No, no they didn’t.”

On their way back Elizabeth joked. “At least Kreatcher seem to like me.” It made Tonks give out a laugh and had to smile from the comment. “Yes, I guess you are the only one.” Elizabeth smiled back, feeling a little bit better.

That night Elizabeth stole back her wand. Not taking the thought anymore of someone else possessing it. She didn’t even think he noticed, but she hadn’t expected it either. It was a part of her nature, being clever in that way. She got up early the next morning and went down to breakfast. Nobody was there, she hadn’t expected anything either.

But only half an hour later a tired Mrs. Weasley entered the room. Not even noticing Elizabeth and her cup of tea. The woman in front of her was knitting a green and orange sweater, the colors not even matching. “Good morning.” Elizabeth said at last, making Molly jump. “Oh goodness! When did you come in?” Elizabeth smiled. “Around an hour ago I believe, you didn’t notice me sitting here.”

The woman in front of her nodded a little bit dumb folded and continued on her knitting. She noticed Elizabeth looking down at the sweater and Mrs. Weasley answered her unspoken question. “Christmas present.” Her smile wasn’t warm, but not cold either. It was a smile of acceptance and far better than the once she had received the last few days. It made her feel a little more welcome in the house of the famous Sirius Black.

------

Famous as in being wanted after managing to escape Azkaban and so forth;)