Missing student

I must  aplogize for any writing mistakes. Please comment if there is anything you would like to say. It helps me continuing the story! :) Hugs and kissed to you all and have a wonderfull evening!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------<3

It was the day of the students arrival. Elizabeth had woken up early. She felt nervous once again. She would be teaching without supervision this year. What if she did something wrong? Would she make a fool of herself? All these thoughts went through her mind as she dressed in her normal black robes. She walked out of her chambers and headed for the Great Hall. She was the first to enter off course since she was so bloody damn nervous. The food wasn’t even laid out, but she wasn’t going to go back anyway. She let her fingers feel the surface of the dark wooden long tables. Memories came rushing back to her. How she had sat here so many years ago, being with her Slytherin friends. Elizabeth sank down on the bench and leaned her shoulder at the table. Tired she closed her eyes for just one second and drifted off. She felt like a child again, sitting there on her first school day. Making friends and creating a bond with them. Memories of her sitting in the middle of the Slytherin table came up from the surface. They looking like they ruled the school. In her sleep a smile played on her lips. “Ten points from Slytherin, sleeping in class.” The familiar voice of McGonagall spoke strictly and she jumped up still in her half sleep. “Sorry professor!” She almost yelled. A few chuckled and her vision cleared. McGonagall was in front of her and a few of the other teachers were there too. “Oh..” She mumbled, feeling embarrassed. It was nine o’clock and she had been sleeping for almost three hours. She brought a hand up to her face and looked at them between the cracks of her fingers. “Very funny, I am glad I could humor you.” She said in a sarcastic tone and got up from her seat. Still feeling a little bit tired she tried to avoid eye contact. The others had already eaten, letting her sit there as the only student. She felt real stupid. McGonagall covered a smile as she watched Elizabeth turn her back at them and walk fast out of the Great hall. Elizabeth decided to skip breakfast, it wasn’t like she was hungry anyway. She wandered what Snape were doing, but decided against to ask. He could have his secrets for himself. Maybe she should take a cup of tea and go over tomorrows schedule.

*

The students were coming in and Elizabeth were sitting on the teachers table next to Snape and McGonagall. She noticed the new professor sitting next to Dumbledore. He seems almost tired but excited. With grey hair and blue eyes. He had a kind face that hid many secrets. This must be the new DADA teacher. Dumbledore got up from his seat and began to speak, welcoming everyone. “Please welcome Professor Slughorn. He will be teaching Potions this year.” Silence. The seconds ticked. Had she heard right? Potions? Elizabeth glanced in Snape’s direction, but he didn’t look at her. Dumbledore continued as everything was as before. “Professor Snape will take over the post as Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher.” Now the applause came, but mostly from the Slytherin table. Elizabeth smiled and clapped. She congratulated him. A numb feeling was inside her stomach. Why hadn’t he told her? She should be happy for him, really she should. Why wasn’t she happy? This was what he wanted, to teach his favorite subject. He might have not said it out loud, but she knew. Snape talked calmly with the teacher next to him, he avoided Elizabeths gaze. It had been more difficult than what he thought. To keep things from her.

 Elizabeth wasn’t stupid, no matter how many times she had made a fool of herself. When she fell asleep earlier this morning on one of the Slytherins tables or when she stormed through her classroom door where McGonagall were teaching. Yes she might have made a fool out of herself sometimes; it had been a hard year. But one thing was certain, she was no fool.

When the feast ended she retired early. She felt betrayed somehow. He didn’t trust her, that was why he had kept secrets from her. She respected privacy, she didn’t like to share hers. But trust was just something she needed, she had to have is trust in order to give him hers. First she had thought this was around that Lily girl, now she wasn’t so sure.

*

“Welcome class! It’s good to see you all again.” She spoke in front of the students. The irritation she had felt inside herself had disappeared when she started her class. She no longer felt unsecure; it wasn’t as hard as what she wanted it to be. “I want you to turn to page 56 and do the charm. You have twenty minutes before I’ll go around and see.” She heard herself say and sank down behind her desk. She looked around in the class and noticed something. “Where is Trevor?” The entire class where silent. The students looked at her, some with their lips thin as a line. She knew she had seen him during the feast. He had even waved at her. Why on earth wasn’t he in her class. Worry spread inside of her. “Do any of you know where he is?” She couldn’t remember his last name. A little girl with braids and glasses raised her hand. “I heard he wasn’t feeling well Professor.” Elizabeth became pale. It didn’t sound like him at all. “Continue doing your tasks, I will be back shortly.

*

There was a knock at Professor McGonagall’s classroom door. Something that startled the professor. She found it very weird. Elizabeth opened the door and the entire class fell silent, staring at her. “I was wandering if I could have a word?” McGonagall was a little annoyed for her class being interrupted but nodded and went with Elizabeth outside. The second the classroom door shut she said. “I hope this is important-“

“Trevor is gone.” McGonagall found this statement very weird and it took her half a second to understand her words completely. “What do you mean gone?”

“I mean I can’t find him.”

“Well he might feel ill, have you checked the hospital wing?” Elizabeth felt her cheeks go warm. “Yes I have and he isn’t there.” McGonagall stared at her for a moment. “You know it always is a possibility he is skipping class. Has that thought accord to you?” Elizabeth bit her lip, she didn’t think so. He wouldn’t. This was a student with so much passion for learning. He would rather sit in class with fever than sit alone in bed. “I don’t think so. You know who I am talking about. The little one with orange hair.” She tried to measure his height for demonstration. “Well.” McGonagall found Elizabeth exaggerating. She herself would not tolerate students missing class. “If he does not turn up during the day I will help you search, but until then I think you should take things a little bit more calm.” McGonagall stopped by the door before she spoke again. “Hogwarts is a safe place, you know that? No student will come to any harm. Just relax and when he comes back it is p to you to make sure that kind of thing doesn’t happen again.” With that she was left alone in the hallway with no progress at all. Elizabeth had to return to her class, but she would find him at the end of the day. Maybe he just felt tired and overslept? She did not know, but she hoped that was the place. She knew no creature could do any student harm if they didn’t seek it. She didn’t think Trevor was that kind of person that would either, but she was worried he might not be alone. How strong was the child then?