Chapter 53: Baby

Ezra's Pov:

We sat in the hospital bed with Joseph in Aria's arms. She was still crying knowing her son was hooked up to IV and lost a lot of blood.

It's been a week in the hospital. We have a routine. He wakes up and I get hospital food for everyone. We rest and then let him sleep in Aria's arms. Then by dinner time I go out and grab something to eat. Then I come back and sleep on the couch. We can bring Joseph home today and we were driving back home. It was silent. I reached my hand over and grabbed Aria's but she jumped scared.

"Hey it's me." I whispered looking at her holding her hand. She sighed and looked back.

"I'm sorry." She said.

"Don't say that because you have no reason to be." I said.

We walked in and Aria looked around like it was a new home. I set my keys down and started to speak.

"So I'm guessing you want the crib in our room?" I asked.

"No." She replied with tears in her eyes.

"Can he be in our bed, for a while?" She asked holding back tears. I walked up to her and wiped them away.

"Of course" I replied dropping his diaper bag.

Later that night we were laying in bed with Joseph in Aria's arms watching TV.

"Did you lock the doors?" She asked.

"Yeah." I replied. She set Joseph down in the middle of us and rested her head in her hand, leaning her elbow on the pillow. She stroked Joseph's face.

"Aria." I whispered. She looked up at me. "What happened in there?" I asked.

"U-uh i-i" she stuttered but couldn't finish with out breaking down.

"Hey baby look at me." I said tilting her chin. She sniffled and looked up at me with teary eyes.

"I don't want to talk about it." She said.

"Okay but when you're ready please talk to me." I replied. She nodded and got up.

"Where are you going?" I asked as she walked to my side of the bed. She climbed in my lap and had her back against my chest. I kissed her neck and her cheek. She turned off the lights and wrapped her arms around Joseph even though there was a pillow so he didn't fall on that side.

Aria's Pov:

There were things that happened that I need to tell Ezra but not just yet. I look at Ezra who had his arms on his side.

"C-can you hold me?" I asked.

He didn't say anything he just wrapped his arms around me and kissed my neck.

"I missed you." He whispered. I didn't say anything back. I just fell asleep.

~ The next morning ~

I woke up gasping for air sitting up.

"Hey what's wrong?" Ezra asked rubbing by back.

"I just had a bad dream."
I said.

"Well being in that place twice isn't going to help you get a good night sleep anytime soon." He replied.

"I-I just remember being in my room, well that looked like my room and not seeing Joseph for a week. He took my clothes off and just left me naked in my bed. I don't know what happened when I wasn't awake Ezra." I said crying.

"Hey hey let's not talk about it okay?" He said pulling me in his lap.

I looked at my baby sleeping stretched out leaving Ezra and I no room what so ever.

"Hey is it Monday?" I asked.

"Yeah but don't worry I took off work." He said getting up.

"You don't have to." I replied.

"Well your parents are out of town and by the way they know your safe okay?" He said putting clothes on.

"Thank you." I replied getting up.

"Listen I hate to bring it up but I'm sorry I never trusted you. If I did I wouldn't have put you through this mess. I'm so sorry!" I said sobbing.

"Hey don't be it's okay. As long as we are okay." He said sounding like a question. I just nodded and walked into the kitchen to make breakfast.