Family Lies- Fili

Start from the beginning

"Answer the question."

"You must teach me to fire an arrow like that, it would come in handy later on."

You shot him a glare. There was no way you were falling a dwarf! He only sent you a smirk that made your heart flutter and you forcefully lowered your eyes.

There was the of laughter and music, you and Fili both glanced up.

"Sounds like a party up there."

"It's only the Feast of Starlight."

"Oh, do you do talk besides orders and questions!" He chuckled. You silently cursed yourself. "The one, Legolassie, is he your brother?"

"Legolas, and yes."

"That makes Thranduil your father?" His tone turned serious, he spat your father's name. All hints of flirting gone.

"Do not mock my father." You snapped. "Yet, do not think for one moment that I am like him." You sighed. "He can be cruel, but he has kept us safe for many years."

Fili looked understanding.

"Family can do that, can't they?" He looked up at you with such a gaze that caught your breath. "When I look at you, I can't explain it. You don't seem like your brother or your father, you're different. I see kindness and beauty, but you hide it."

"I don't understand what you mean."

"I'm sure you do." He wrapped his fingers around the bars of his cell.

"You're different from the dwarves in stories that my father told me when I was young. " He cracked a smile. You felt a warming in your heart. It was true, after talking to this one, special, dwarf... You knew you had to help them. You got up to leave, a plan to help them escape forming in your head.

"Wait!" Fili called. "You haven't told me your name."

"I'm Y/n."

"I hope to see you again, my Lady Y/n."

You ran down to the gates when you bumped into an unknown force, sending you falling to the ground. Then magically a hobbit appeared in front of you!

"I'm terribly sorry, I- I just got to go!"

"Are you here to help the dwarves?" It was a random question, but worth asking.

"I- I- um-" He started slowly backwards.

"I know how to help them escape."

"In that case, yes." He walked back over to you. "Why would you want to help them? I've seen how the elves treated them." You blushed.

"Doesn't matter. Go to the wine cellar, the guards there should be drunk and careless at this hour. I bet the keys would be hanging against the wall somewhere. Whatever trick you used to have me not see you, use it again. Bring the keys and unlock the dwarves, I'll distract the guards while you lead them back to the cellar, there will be a lever to release them into the river."

"The river?"

"That is your escape, it will take you to Laketown, Erebor should be close by."

"Anything else?" The hobbit looked flustered.

"Tell Fili that I sent you." You rushed back to the cells and relieved the guards of their duty. You were committing treason against the Woodland Realm, but you were the princess, what could they do?

Time skip brought to you by TARDISes! They're bigger on the inside!