#7

Chapter 7 - List n' Give

My mom and dad are still inside their room, they slept there peacefully. I opened the door of.their room to peek in, I saw the both of them snuggling to each other. I smiled at them, they are so sweet. Something that I didn't even think of happening made mw wished one thing, "I hope that I will find a perfect guy for me who'll love me forever and will always be." I glanced at them one more time then closed the door behind me. I dashed downstairs to get something to eat but I realised that I am so early which meant that there's no food ready on the counter. I don't have a choice, I decided to cook food for us.

I took some eggs, milk, butter, water and the pancake powder from the refrigerator. Then, I heard footsteps coming to the kitchen. I gulped and turned around; "Wow. You're early," my mom said, "What are you cooking?"

"Pancakes." I simply said, I love pancakes.

"Let me do that." She moved closer to me and took all the ingredients from my arms.

"But mom-" I tried to get them all back but my mom already had them on her arms. She landed them on the counter and took a bowl.

"Go and wake up your dad," she ordered me as she cracked the eggs and placed them into the bowl. I shrugged and nodded. I lowered my head and muttered, "Yes, milady." I went upstairs, then headed to their room. I knocked on their door and said "Dad, wake up! It is already past 5 am."

"Will be right there," he responded lazily at me.

Then, I went back downstairs. I am half way to the kitchen, I already can smell the delicious scent of pancakes. I licked my upper lip and imagined the pancakes with honey and butter on top or with chocololate syrup and strawberries on top. What I've always do to my pancakes.

MEOW.

You received a message from Jana.

'Girl, We should have a girl bonding sometimes. Louis gave me your number \(^_^)/.'

I smiled while reading it. Oh Jana, I thought that you never ask. I quickly tapped these words then tapped the 'send' buttom.

'Yesh, we should. Maybe on Sunday noon?'

MEOW.

You received a message from Jana.

'Great idea! Meet you at the mall.'

I sat on the nearest chair, as usual. I scrolled down the newsfeed ony fb account then I heard a noise, I looked up and saw my dad already sitting on his seat. He read his newspaper, what do you expect?

"Dad, where did you hide the groceries?" I asked as I rested my.cellphone on top of the table. "Cupboard." he answered politely.

Speaking of these groceries, I thought to myself, should I attend school tomorrow? Well, we need to prepare for the surprise party for Jay. Hmmmm, let's just see then.

---  

While eating, "Uhm. Mom, is it okay with you if I won't be attending classes tomorrow?" I asked hopefully, stuffing some pancakes into my mouth, gently.

She glanced at my dad, waiting for answers.

I swallowed my food inside my mouth then said, "Dad already approves. Just for tomorrow."

I waited for her to reply but silence invaded the room. Well, this is not a happy breakfast after all. I stood up as I finished my pancakes. My mom looked at me and said, "Just for tomorrow, okay?"

Now that made my day. "YAY!" I jumped up and down of joy, kissed my mom on the cheeks and thanked them. "Thank youuu!"

------------------------