Chapter 12: Endgame (final chapter)

I sad in the kitchen of our new apartment at a cheap rent, but still looking at our bills I was scared of the outcome of us. Suddenly I heard a huge bang from the apartment above us and the glass I was holding shattered on the ground.

"Fuck!" I shouted angrily, kneeling down on the ground to pick up the larger pieces.

"Babe?" Frank called, running into the kitchen from the bedroom. He looked down and noticed the broken glass on the floor and went over to get the broom. I groaned and threw mist of the pieces in the garbage. Frank came back in the room with a hand broom and a dustpan and began to swipe up the smaller shards.

Once it was all picked up I moved my legs in front of me to sit on the ground. I rested my back on the cheap counter. Frank took a seat across from me, putting his legs over mine, so he was sitting in between mine. He rested his forehead on mine.

"How are we gonna do this?" I sighed, smiling.

"Who knows, but we're gonna do it. It'll be a story for the grandchildren." He smirked.

"Oh, be quiet." I laughed, pushing his shoulder playfully. "But seriously! The bills are pretty large, even for this dump. Neither of us have jobs right now. The money's getting lower and lower and than glass alone is gonna cost a bit. How are we going to d-" He placed his lips on mine to quiet me.

"You could have just told me to shut up." I laughed.

"Well, yeah, but that was way more satisfying." He smirked before kissing me again.

He then turned and positioned himself so that his head was resting on my thigh. I played with his hair, twisting the strands between my fingers over and over.

"I'm so lucky to have you." Frank smiled up at me.

"I'm even luckier." I laughed. I pulled my hand into my pocket to pull out my cigarette package. I took one and placed it between my fingers before pulling my hand up to the counter to grab the lighter.

"Want one?" I asked, already sticking it in my mouth. He shook his head, only opening his mouth slightly and I knew what he wanted. I lit the cigarette in my mouth and breathed in the poison, then leaned my body over Frank and breathed out into his mouth. He sucked in the smoke before kissing me softly.

"I love you, kitten." He whispered.

The nickname he had given me before, Kitty, wore off a few weeks ago and he began calling me kitten, which I enjoyed much more when it left his mouth. My nineteenth birthday had passed only a couple days ago, and Frank and I thought we would make a cake. I swear there was still flour in my hair. He had bought me a necklace with the word "Angel" written across it. I hadn't taken it off since he got it.

We had moved all the way to New York and bought a horrible one bedroom, one bathroom room that basically smelled like an old motel room. Frank was attempting to get a job at a music store, he had an interview this Monday, and I was taking day shifts at Forever 21 during the week. We had barely little income and the bills were just getting higher and higher. I knew we would get back on our feet though.

Frank had talked to me so many times about getting married and having kids and all that, and I was ready (okay, maybe not for the kids part but for the marriage, absolutely) and was just waiting for him to pop the question. I didn't care if I did or didn't have a ring, or if we got married at a church or by law, it all didn't matter. I loved him and he loved me and that was it.

I had just gotten to the bud of my cigarette so I pushed it into the floorboards. I didn't care about this dingy old apartment at all, so why not leave the place a fuckin' mess.

Frank had now taken his head off my my lap and stood up. He held out his hand and I grabbed onto it, pulling me up off the floor. I was about to go into the living room to watch some crappy reality show, but Frank wrapped his arm and pulled me back into him.

"Wow, just can't leave me alone, can ya?" I smiled.

"How could I stay away from such a pretty person?" He replied before his lips touched mine.

-------

2 MONTHS LATER

"I'm done!" I shouted from the bedroom. "I'm done with you, I'm done with this life! I can't fucking live this half-ass life!"

I was pulling everything into my suitcase, getting ready to bolt out the door.

"Babe, please!" Frank called, running into the room. When he saw what I was doing he raced over and began pulling everything out.

"Frank! For fucks sake, stop!" I groaned and just started throwing everything in. He just pulled them out as fast. "Please Frankie, please."

At this point I was about ready to cry, tears glassing over my eyes ready to spill over.

"Please," I said quietly, letting out a sob. He pulled me into his chest and I sobbed into his Misfits t-shirt.

"Baby, please don't leave me. I love you." He squeezed me tighter.

"I just, I w-wish it wa...it was easier." I cried into him.

He pulled us both onto the bed, kicking the suitcase with his foot. He lifted my head with his fingers.

"Everything will be okay in the end, I promise. We're endgame. I promise." He pecked my lips. Before he could move away I pushed my lips harder against his.

"I'm not leaving." I sniffled when we pulled away. "Not until we make it there."

"Well, I better make sure that never happens then." He said as he laid back on the bed, me still on his chest.

"Endgame." I whispered before my eyes closed slowly and I drifted into the darkness.

------

well there it is guys, it's finished. thank you guys so much for reading and i really hope you enjoyed it while it lasted. i do have two other fics still going (which are both frank iero) so if you miss me you can catch up with me on those.

ill probably be looking this story over and editing a couple things, but this story is in fact finished.

half of this chapter was inspired by 2 chord by sleeping with sirens, so thank them for the end of this book i guess. ill also probably be posting a q&a in the next chapter so if you have any comment right here:

((question box))

till next time,

xx abby