You scratched your head and muttered,"When did he get here?"

Not wanting to wake him up, you quietly get out from the bed and helped to cover him with blanket since it was going to be cold due to the heavy rain. You walked downstairs and looked for Miley and Jackson but they were nowhere to be seen. You head to the kitchen to fix a simple meal.

=====

Meanwhile, Joe was sleeping soundly when his phone vibrated in his pocket. He groggily woke up and took his phone from his pocket and answered groggily,"Hello?"

"Hey Joe! Where are you? Did you forget we have an interview tonight?" Kevin asked through the call.

Joe then looked the time in his phone and sighed while saying,"It's still early..I'll be there on time. Can you help me bring suitable clothes for the interview to the saloon by 6PM?"

"Sure. But where are you anyways?"Nick took over from Kevin.

"Somewhere...," Joe then looked at the bed but you were not there.

He then looked around the room frantically and said,"I need to hang up. I'll see you later."

Joe then running down the stairs and heard someone in the kitchen. He walked to the kitchen and saw the back view of you, busy cooking on something. He heaved a sigh of relief and walked quietly towards you. He heard you humming happily without noticing him standing behind you.

You tasted your soup and felt satisfied with the taste. You turned off the stove and was about to turn around to grab a bowl when you stumbled onto Joe. Joe grabbed your wrist and stabilized your balance while pulling you towards him. You could feel his warm breathing as he stared into your eyes. Seeing him upclose made you awkward and you quickly pulled yourself away from him. You then dusted your clothes and decided to walk away from him.

Joe then grabbed your wrist again which made your heart jumped. He apologised but with more sincerity,"I'm sorry."

Upon hearing his apology, you said without looking back at him,"There's nothing for you to apologise for..It's..not your fault."

"Yes it is..I heard it's because of me that..you were being bullied," Joe told you.

You just kept quiet and you turned to him with a smile,"It's okay. I'm able to take it. See..I'm getting better. Getting bullied...is part of high school life.."

You pretended to smile to reassure him and not blaming him for anything. Joe then slowly let go of your wrist and you took the large bowl from the other table to scoop the soup.

"By the way, do you want to stay for early dinner? I made enough for two," You asked him.

"Sure..," Joe just watched you scooping the soup and after that asked,"Want me to help you with anything?"

"Can you help me scoop the rice into two bowls & put them at the dining table?" You asked.

"Okay," Joe walked towards the rice cooker and helped you out.

======

After placing the food on the dining table, both of you started to eat. Joe tasted the soup and widened his eyes. You saw his facial expression and asked,"Was the soup good?"

"Good? It was excellent! You're a good cook," Joe was amazed by your cooking skill.

"It's just soup so it's easy to cook," You looked happy at the sight of him eating.

Just then an idea popped up. Joe stopped eating and looked at you.

"Ashley," Joe called your name.

"Hmm?" You answered while still eating.

"Me and my brothers have an interview for our new album and we'll be having a short showcase over at the studio. You want to come since I have an extra ticket?" Joe asked.

"You're inviting me to your showcase?" You asked him with a raised eyebrow.

Joe nodded and waited for your answer. You then chuckled lightly as the Joe Jonas that you knew wasn't this polite.

"Why are you laughing?" Joe asked.

"Did something happen to you in school?" You asked after stopped chuckling.

"No..why?" Joe asked again while frowning.

"Why are you so polite to me? Usually you will take every opportunity to create a small fight with me whenever you see me. If you are still guilty about what happened to me, better don't. Cause I've been thinking really hard to avoid all this," You told him and stopped eating.

"What do you mean?" Joe sounded confused.

You put down your spoon and looked at him while saying,"I've told Ms MacDee about the musical and she agreed about it."

"What is she agreeing on?" Joe now totally focused on you.

"I'm...quitting the musical," You sounded resolute.

"...You...w..what?" Joe asked again as if he didn't hear that right.

"I'm quitting the musical. I'm not fit for that musical. Demi is more suitable for it. She's much better than me," You gave a fake smile and returned back to finishing your soup.