38

Kyra

I stood in the aisle of the corner store looking for snacks. I was surprised that Cam had let me go since I was ordered to the hospital tomorrow morning. It's the first of March and I'm still pregnant. I'm so relieved.

I'm so scared because as much as people try to tell it you it won't, it's going to hurt. It's going to hurt really bad and there's nothing you am so about it until the doctor's order.

I was terrified of what the contractions would feel like because whenever you seen them on movies or DH the women are always screaming like something is trying to kill them. I wasn't exactly excited about that.

I grabbed some Doritos and some skittles before turning down the aisle. I opened the door and grabbed a cold apple juice and made my way up to the front. That's when I noticed her.

Chanel.

She looked up and our eyes connected before they dropped to my belly. I wasn't sure if Cam ever had told her I was pregnant, but I thought he had. If he hadn't this was probably a huge surprise to her and by the way she looked, there was no way she knew.

She seemed stuck as she stared at me.

"Kyra?"

I didn't like her, but I wasn't immature either. "Yeah." I said turning in the direction of her.

"You're pregnant?"

I rolled my eyes. "Clearly,"

She looked up at me as I saw the flashes of anger and sadness in her facials. "By who?"

" Cam." I said biting my lip.

"Why would he get you pregnant?" I kissed my teeth and shook my head.

"You're so fucking ignorant." I mumbled. "He got me pregnant because he did. Because life happened! I don't even know why I'm wasting my time talking to you because you are nothing but drama. You ruined us. You just couldn't accept that he was happy."

"How happy could he have been with you if I was still a thought?" She said with a smirk.

"How happy could he have been with you if he left you to come back to me?"

He chuckled darkly. "Bitch, he's probably only with you for the baby. He wasn't even thinking about you. He told me he was over you. He told me he hated you. That you were nothing to him anymore..." Her words were hitting me like bricks.

If it was one thing about Chanel, she could say something and make you feel it.

"He was trying to get me back the whole time you two were together..."

I wasn't telling a story.  Cam would call and text me all the time, but I hardly ever answered. I bet she didn't even know that.

"But he didn't leave till he found out you were pregnant, and you look ready to bust so he was with me after he knew you were pregnant too huh?" She chuckled. "Kyra you are the definition of pathetic. That's why he stays with you...not because he loves you. Because you're pavement. He walks right over you."

She shook her head. "I wish you luck." She said before walking out the store. I stood there, me being the one who was now stuck.

Had I really been that naive?

I opened the door to my house and sat the bag on the kitchen counter. I was already over emotional and this wasn't helping. I was exhausted from always dealing with something.

If it wasn't my dad, it was my mom if it wasn't Cam it was Chanel. If it wasn't that is was something with Josh or I was sick or throwing up or getting bad news. I was sick and tired of nothing good ever happening to me. It was like I didn't deserve to have at least a week in peace.