29

Kyra

We stood there a few minutes waiting for someone to answer the door. I wrapped my arms around Cameron's waist and rested my head against his chest closing my eyes.

The sound of someone unlocking the door caused me to squeeze my eyes shut. The door opened and I let go of Cameron to look at who it was.

I little boy looked up at Cameron and his eyes got big. "Dad, DAD! Cam Johnson is at the door!" He yelled excitedly.

I just stared at his facial features. He was definitely around five or six. He was the same color as me with the same eyes as me. Big and brown. His hair was sandy brown and curly like mine had been when I was younger. He was missing a tooth in the front of his top row of teeth, but it didn't stop him from smiling as big as he could.

He looked like me.

Did that mean I looked like her?

"Can I please get an autograph man?" Cam chuckled and nodded, ruffling his hair. "Sure man."

"Kyrie! What did I tell you about answering the door-"

I looked up and froze in place as I stared at the person in front of me.

"Hi..." I mumbled.

"Hey, how can I help?" He said rubbing the little boy's head who I had Identified as 'Kyrie's' head. I just looked down at him.

He was so oblivious to who I was and I couldn't keep my eyes off of him. Even our names were alike. Why did she name him so closely to me? Why did she move to all of this? Why didn't she bother to come back for me? This little boy has everything I've never had from her.

"Uh, my bad. I'm Cam, this is Kyra." We are looking for Lauren?"

He looked at me for a minute and then back down at Kyrie. Then, he glanced back at me again, holding his gaze for a while.

"Are you....?" He trailed off. "Are you her daughter?" He asked.

I nodded and he smiled. "Oh, man. Come in!" He said stepping aside.

We entered the house and looked around. My mother was definitely well off. Her house was classy and clean and all most everything was color coordinated to the fifth degree.

"You know how long I've been trying to get her to come find you?! Im so happy your here! I'm your step father. My name is John." I nodded and sat down on the couch. Cam grabbed my hand and intertwined his fingers in mine.

"Boyfriend?" I looked up and Cam and shook my head. "No.."

"Ky!" John shouted.

I heard Kyrie's voice yell out an answer from a distance. "Come here!"

After a few minutes he rounded the corner and sat down on the couch staring at me. "Ky, this is your big sister."

He furrowed his eyebrows becoming confused. "What?"

"This is Kyra.. See, even your names are alike." He nodded.

"I don't get it." We all laughed.

"Where you stay Kyra?"

"Miami." He nodded. "You flew all the way here for this?"

I nodded. "For the most part."

"Wow, was it spur of the moment or planned?"

I bit my lip. "Both?"

"What does that mean?" He asked with a chuckle.

"I had talked about it with Cam but it was spur of the moment to actually fly out here. We didn't know where she lived. We had to track her down."