30

Kyra

I fell back on the bed and let out a breath. "I love this bed." I mumbled taking in the softness of the mattress.

He chuckled and sat next to me in the bed. "You okay? You look tired." He said lowly.

Yeah, I'm pregnant... It happens.

I nodded. "I am."

I sat up and got up from the bed going over to my bag. I needed to get into some comfortable clothes. I silently slipped my shorts off, putting on some sweat pants. Tired of hiding, I pulled my shirt over my head, putting on a tshirt that actually fit me.

"Kyra?" Cam said lowly. I knew exactly what he was about to ask me so I didn't even bother to turn around and look at him.

"What Cam?"

"Are you pregnant?" He asked staring at my stomach.

It was a stupid question because I was clearly pregnant. Did he really think I had a round ass gut? Come on now.

"Yeah, Cam.." I mumbled.

"When were you going to tell me?" He asked helping me stand up. I sat on the bed Indian style as he stared down at my growing belly.

"The night I found out you cheated on me..." I said lowly. "Crazy right?"

"You're three months pregnant Kyra?" He asked in disbelief. "Four." I corrected.

He fell back against the bed and sighed. "Damn.." He muttered.

I bit my lip and stared at him as his eyes stayed planted on the ceiling. We didn't talk for a good ten minutes and I didn't know what that meant.

"Listen.. You don't have to do this with me Cameron. I promise you, I will be okay. I know you have your career and Chanel and I know the last thing you need right now is a child-"

"Do you hear yourself right now Kyra? And stop calling me Cameron. You never call me that." I nodded and stared out the window at all of the huge building that lit up the city.

"I'm not letting you raise my kid by yourself! Are you serious? I'd never do no shit like that. I'm here, whatever you need you got it. You want Taco Bell at 3AM, you got it." I nodded.

"What about Chanel? You're with her right? Does she even know where you are?"

He kissed his teeth. "Nah, she don't." He said and just as he finished his phone went off. He looked down at it as her picture ran across the screen. He looked up at me.

"Answer it." He nodded and pulled his phone to his ear.

I heard her talking and I cringed. It finally hit me that he stayed with her after he cheated. I guess I really didn't mean anything to him.

"I'm in California." He mumbled.

She started yelling and he sighed. "I didn't have time to. It was an emergency. I- man, yes. Chanel, shut the fuck up! I'm here, I'll be home tomorrow." He said rubbing his hand down his face.

I scooted off of the bed and walked in the bathroom. I closed and locked the door before taking my shirt off. I pulled my hair into a huge bun on the top of my head and ran my hands over my belly.

I wasn't near big but I was pregnant. Pregnant by a man with a girlfriend.

I didn't want Chanel around my baby. She might poison it or something when Cameron isn't looking. I didn't even want to have a child like this but this was the predicament I was put into. I wanted my child to have both parents in the same household.