37

Cam

"Come on shoot!"

Kyra shook her head no. " Cam, I'm cold." She said trying to hand the ball back, but I wouldn't take it, so she dropped it and it rolled back to me.

Childish...

"Shoot the ball man." I said passing it back to her. How the hell did I get her ass down here in the first place?

I felt like throwing the ball around in my indoor court and Kyra is lazy as hell now that she's eight months. She needs to walk around and be active.

She kissed her teeth. " Cam, listen to me. I don't want to shoot the damn ball. I want to go upstairs and go to sleep with my body pillow and you're pissing me off. "

I started laughed. "You want me to make you some French fries?" She nodded.

"Make a shot."

She huffed. "Stop being an asshole." I chuckled. "That's why you fell in love with me..."

She closed her eyes and I laughed at how annoyed she was becoming. "You want the fries? Shoot for em."

"I can cook my own french fries Cam!" I nodded. "Touché, but they ain't gone be as good as mine."

She sighed and spread her feet at the free throw line. She bent her knees and released the ball as she stood back straight. The ball went in the hoop beautifully and she put her hand on her hip. "Happy?"

I nodded. "You gone be a pro when I'm done with you." I said grabbing her hand and helping her up the few steps.

"Why can't you teach Joshua this stuff?" She asked sitting down at my kitchen counter.

"I will, and he gone be a beast like his daddy."

She rolled her eyes and laughed. " Cam, you're always over exaggerating. You're not even that good."

"That's why I won rookie of the year? Cause I'm not that good?" I shot back making her giggle.

"It was luck!" I nodded and laughed, sitting a plate in front of her.

"Hey, I wanted to talk to you about something."

"Wassup?" She said biting into a french fry. She nodded and closed her eyes making me laugh. She is so fat.

"When the season picks up. Josh is going to be like six months, right?"

"Yeah, almost seven if he comes when he's supposed to. Why? Aren't you on a leave?" She asked confused.

"Chocolate syrup." She mumbled.
I grabbed it out of the refrigerator, handing it to her. She squeezed it on her fries, and I scrunched up my face.

"You gone have to take a shit..." She glared up at me. "Shut up, so what are you getting at?"

"I'm on leave till you have him but I'm still training, and I have to go practice after. They're giving me two weeks." She sighed.

"Are you serious?" She shook her head in disbelief. " Cam, he needs to know you!"

"He will, Kyra but we knew this was going to happen. My career has me gone for days sometimes and you need to be able to handle that."

"I can't do this without you..." She cried. I bent in front of her and grabbed her waist. "You're never going to have to do this alone, but we gotta plan this out."

"Will you be home on the weekends?" I shrugged. "Maybe, maybe not."

"What if you miss his first birthday Cam? What then?!" I should have waited to have this conversation...