28

Kyra

I groaned and turned over in my bed at my blaring cell phone. I raised my head from my pillow and answered the phone closing my eyes.

"Hello?"

The voice chuckled. "I know you ain't sleep, what I tell you about that?"

Cameron....

"What do you want Cam?" I muttered sleepily.

"Come open the door." He said.

I frowned and sat up rubbing my eyes before walking to the door. I unlocked the top lock and swung it open. Cameron was standing there with a suitcase in one hand, a phone in the other and a smile. I pulled the phone away from my ear and so did he.

I moved over and let him walk past. I closed the door and watched him sit on the couch. I just stared at him for a while as he did the same. I finally took my attention from him and bit my lip. I walked in the bathroom and brushed my teeth before walking out.

"What are you doing here and how did you find me?" I asked leaning against the pale white wall.

"Noni." He said flatly. "Why are you here is the real question? It wasn't to take Noni. Well, not the entire reason at lease."

I frowned. "What are you talking about? Yes it was." I defended, even though I knew it wasn't the truth.

He chuckled. "Then why are you still here Ky? I know you better then you know yourself so why you even trying to lie to me?" I bit my lip and sighed. "Don't do this to yourself. Why wouldn't you call me? I told you I would be here for you."

"Cameron, that was when we were together." I muttered.

He kissed his teeth. "Fuck all that for a minute though. I would have been here to support you, relationship or not. I know how hard this is for you."

I nodded. "Come here."

He stood up and walked over to me. I lifted my arms and he picked me up walking us back to the bed. I laid comfortably in his arms and closed my eyes listening to the faint beat of his heart.

He rubbed my back in circles as we laid in silence. He didn't realize how much it soothed me or maybe he did. Either way this was calmest we had been in the presence of each other in a very long time.

"I don't even know how to find her..." I said sitting up. He sat up and pressed his forehead against mine. "I'll help you." he said grabbing my waist. I closed my eyes and fell asleep tucked under his arm.

-

"Can we go get something for breakfast?" He nodded and I got off of him going in the bathroom.

I took a shower and slipped his shirt back on. I walked out and he bit his lip before going in the bathroom.

I slipped his shirt off and looked in the mirror. I sighed glancing at the only reason I was entertaining him being around me. My love for the both of us was growing and I needed him more than I would want to admit. I didn't want to do any of this alone.

I found a flowy shirt and some shorts and slipped it on as he walked out the bathroom. I let my hair be. It was wavy and I didn't mind. Doing it would most likely consume too much time and energy.

Cam walked out of the bathroom dressed, brushing his hair. He had cut it and he looked handsome. I had always favored his curly hair more though.

"Ready?" I nodded and followed him out.

I looked up at Cam and studied him as we sat at the table digging into our food.

He didn't have the bags I had seen last time. He looked healthy and it made me smile inside and out. Maybe what I said got through to him.