"What you smiling at me for?" He asked looking up. I blushed.

I was caught.

I didn't even know he knew I was looking at him, he had never looked up but I know first hand that you can feel eyes on you.

"You just look nice.. Sober." I mumbled.

He nodded. "Almost losing your career does that to you..."

"Are you okay?" I asked placing my hand on top of his. He looked up and nodded.

"Yeah, thank you." I chuckled. "What's the look?"

"Why you being so calm? You hate me."

Hate... I was starting to dislike that word. It was something I'd said to Cam a few times because I honestly believed that he despised my existence when we first met. Now, he was using it against me. I definitely didn't hate Cam, I don't hate anyone.

"I don't hate you Cam. I just don't trust you." I said removing my hand. "And walking around mad isn't going to help either. It isn't going to change what happened. I have to move on. My life is more than just about me."

He furrowed his eyebrows. "Wait?"

"Leave it be.. I forgive you Cameron."

A look of relief washed across his face and he smiled. "I ain't tryna sound like a weak nigga but that means a lot to me." I nodded and he kissed the palm of my hand softly.

"You done?" He asked looking at my plate as he bit into a piece of bacon. I nodded.

"Aight." He said standing up and tossing a few bills on the table.

Cameron

Ky laid next to me as I typed on the computer. Being around her again was amazing. Kyra was so goofy but she also one of the calmest people I had ever met. It was one of the things I liked so much about her. I hadn't seen her goofy side in a long time though.

"So, when she got married, did she change her last name?"

Kyra shrugged. "I don't know, but if you look up her maiden name, her new one should show up anyway right? When you get married don't they still keep file of you with your maiden name?"

I shrugged. "They should. When is her birthday?"

"July 23rd, 1978."

I frowned. "Your mom is 39?"

She nodded. "Yeah, she had me when she was seventeen. Why you think she left? She was terrified."

I nodded as I continued to scroll down the page of names till I found what I was looking for. "There are two Lauren Taylor's born on July 23rd, 1978 but only one lives in Cali. That has to be your mom. Her last name is still Taylor though." I nodded. "I got her address, when do you want to go?"

She took a deep breathe and stood up. I grabbed her arm and pulled her into me. "You sure you're ready for this?" She nodded. "Lets go." I nodded and stood up grabbing the keys to the rental car I had gotten once we landed. I hate taking cabs.

It took a hour just to get to the neighborhood she lives in. Kyra's mother was far from broke and very well off. I just don't understand how she could have just left her and started her life over like Kyra never existed. It's almost like she wanted her past to disappear.

I wasn't sure if Kyra was ready for this, but in reality, she would probably never be ready to meet a woman who made it crystal clear that she didn't want her. Kyra was basically handed off.

She had a dead beat mother.

I pulled into the driveway of the huge two story house behind a white Audi. I put the car in park and looked over at Kyra who was staring ahead at nothing.

"Kyra." I grabbed her thigh and she snapped her head in my direction. "Yeah?"

"We're here." She nodded and unbuckled her seat belt. I got out of the car and opened her door, leaning on it when she didn't make a move to exit the car.

She looked up at me and It was clear how terrified she was. "I can't do this."

"Where are we going to go?" I questioned. "If you don't do this now, you will never do it. You already flew all the way out here. I'll be here the whole time but you need to do this. You need to lift this weight off of your shoulders."

"Can you hold my hand?" I smiled and nodded. "I got you."

I reached out my hand and she slowly took it, stepping out of the car. I reached behind her and closed the door. We took our time up the rest of the drive way and she squeezed my hand as I rang the doorbell.

Kyra

We stood there a few minutes waiting for someone to answer the door. I wrapped my arms around Cam's waist and rested my head against his chest closing my eyes.

The sound of someone unlocking the door caused me to squeeze my eyes shut.

The door opened and I let go of Cameron to look at who it was.

I little boy looked up at Cameron and his eyes got big.

"Dad, DAD! Cam Johnson is at the door!" He yelled excitedly.

I just stared at his facial features. He was definitely around five or six. He was the same color as me with the same eyes as me. Big and brown. His hair was sandy brown and curly like mine had been when I was younger. He was missing a tooth in the front of his top row of teeth, but it didn't stop him from smiling as big as he could.

He looked like me.

Did that mean I looked like her?

"Can I please get an autograph man?" Cam chuckled and nodded ruffling his hair. "Sure man."

"Kyrie! What did I tell you about answering the door-"

I looked up and froze in place as I stared at the person in front of me.

"Hi..." I mumbled.