"Me too. You stopped coming to L'Amore during the summer after my mother died. All I got was a letter from grandma Fran saying that you two were moving and you won't be able to come during the summer time anymore."

"Grandma Fran told me a different story at the time. She told me that we didn't have the money to travel to L'Amore. We didn't move, Ally."

She frowned. "But... I don't understand."

"It wasn't until later when Grandma told me the real reason. She said that your dad told us that we were no longer welcome at L'Amore," I explained.

"I should have known!" She exclaimed. "Just when I thought, he couldn't be more cruel, I learn something new about him that proves me wrong," she said.

"What do you mean?"

"It's a long story. One I'll save for later.

"I'll hold you to that."

"Why don't we leave you two ladies alone to catch up," Adam said. "Maybe Faith can show me her toys and we can play dress-up or have a tea party?" He offered.

Faith jumped up and down on her chair excitedly, while I looked at Adam in surprise.

He grinned and shrugged. "It will be good practice. We might be having a girl," he said, as he kissed the top of his wife's head.

I smiled, but I couldn't help the pang of envy that hit me. "Are you sure?" I asked.

"Absolutely," he said.

"Oh, can I mommy? I promise, I'll be the bestest girl," she said.

"You mean, you'll be a good girl," I said.

"Yes. A good girl. I promise, mommy," she said.

"Okay, but wash your hands first baby," I said.

She didn't need to be told twice. She jumped out of her chair and washed her hands.

"Just call out to me, if she gets to be too much," I said to Adam.

He smiled. "I'm sure we'll be fine."

"She's adorable," Ally said. "She reminds me of you when we were little."

I laughed. "Tell me about it."

"If you don't mind me asking... Is her dad around?"

I forced out a smile. "He's not in the picture. It's a long story as well."

"Well, you can tell me when you're ready."

I nodded.

We went on to talk about the last ten years, since we last saw each other.

It seems like, Ally and I both had a hard life, until now.

"Listen, the reason I came looking for you is because I wanted to ask you if you wanted to run L'Amore for me? I'm based in the city now, and with a baby on the way, it's going to be harder to run L'Amore full time. It's already hard as it is. Besides, you love the place, as much as I do, and I would really love it, if you take the reigns. I don't mean to spring this on you so abruptly and I know you have a life here, but I really hope you consider my offer. It will also give us a chance to reconnect. You have no idea how much I've missed you."

I was speechless.

L'Amore held so many beautiful childhood memories for me.

"I wanted to look for you earlier, but I didn't have the means. My life went crazy every since mom died. My father, Cassidy, he made things difficult for everyone around him. I'm just starting to get my life back, and I would really like it if we could start over and be a family again," she said tearfully. "These hormones are... Argh!" She sniffed.

I smiled as my own tears welled in my eyes. "Ally, you're not my cousin. You're my sister, and I love you. There wasn't a day that went by when I didn't think about you. And I understand what you mean. My life has been crazy too."

She sniffed. I sniffed. Then we both laughed.

"Again... These damn hormones," she said.

I let out a shaky laugh. "I know what you mean."

We hugged each other again.

"So-ooo?"

"So-ooo?" I echoed.

She chuckled.

"Are you saying yes?"

I chuckled.

"You're killing me, Dre!"

"Argh. Stop. No one has called me that since I was ten years old!" I scowled at her playfully, causing her to laugh.

"Andrea Elena Francis, please accept my offer," she batted her eyelashes at me.

I laughed. "Okay. I'll do it." I didn't have to think twice. Ally is family, and it would be nice to have that again; especially for Faith.

"Thanks, Dre. I'm so excited," she said.

"Me too," I said. "I learned a lot from Gran and her horse ranch, so it shouldn't be too hard for me to learn the ropes around L'Amore."

Ally nodded. "Bernardo will be there to help you. You remember him don't you?"

I nodded. "Yeah. I remember him. I used to put mud in his boots."

Ally and I laughed.

I looked over where Faith is happily playing with Adam, and I suddenly felt nervous and anxious.

I was playing with fire. Moving back closer to the city... It was still a few hours away, but still. It was too close for my comfort.

I shook my head.

It's been a long time. If he really wanted to find me, he would have. He has the means, I told myself.

But why would he find you? He left you, remember?

Argh! Stop it, Andi!

He doesn't care about you!

He never has!