"I'll go and get some food." said the wolf shifter, assuming her human form. "What's your name? I'm Stella."

"I'm Madelyn," I replied, then pointed at Trinity "And that's Trinity."

"It's nice to meet you two. And thank you, Madelyn, for healing me. I might've died if it weren't for you."

"No problem. And thanks for getting the food. Trinity and I can't go out in public because of our wings."

Stella walked off, and I laid there. Exhaustion wanted my to fall asleep, but hunger wanted me to stay awake, to wait for food. So I waited. My stomach growled, and I started counting. One; when is she gonna get here? Two; I'm so dang hungry. Three; I need to rest. Four; but I don't want to. FIve; I need to eat. Six; I need sleep.

But here's something I've learned. If you don't want to fall asleep and then close your eyes, you're going to fall asleep. So naturally, I fell asleep.

"Hi Madelyn." said a voice, and I opened my eyes. It was Stella. Memories of the day flashed in my mind, and I wished I could go back to the happiness that was sleep. I sighed, regretting what had happened.

"Hey Stella. What did you get?"

"A couple of granola bars and a bottled water."

"Thank you so much."

"It's no problem."

Stella passed me a granola bar and the bottle of water. Tearing the wrapper off, I quickly devoured the granola bar. I was still slightly hungry, but who knew how long we'd be out here? I then took a few sips from the water bottle, the cool water soothing my parched throat. I put the lid back on.

"Should we get moving?" I asked, "I'm feeling better now."

Trinity looked at me. "I'll finish eating and then we can go."

"Alright." I removed my phone from my pocket, tapping on the news app. An article title caught my eye."

Human to Animal Metamorphosis Possible

My stomach did a flip. They had sent it to the news! My heart pounded rapidly, and I shivered fearfully. I tapped on the article and began to read it.

While in pursuit of the two winged girls; a small group of people that were able to quickly metamorphosize from human to animal were discovered. We interviewed Phred WellBorne, the one in charge of discovering these facinating new species.

Rose Jonsen: So Phred, how did you discover these metamorphosizers?

Phred WellBorne: My son, Michel, went missing for a few days. I had people looking for him, and eventually, he came back. He told me of people who were able to change from their human selves into animals, and back. He also said that the winged girls were among them. I was sceptical at first; but when I saw it, I took several specimen back to WellBorne Science Institute, which is where I work.

RJ: And what do you plan to do with these facinating creatures?

PW: I plan to analyze their DNA and figure out just how they shift, and why these odd mutations occur. This is revolutionary in the field of genetics.

I turned off my phone right then and there. As I slipped my phone back into my pocket, I felt nervous. I bit at my nails, trembling.

"I'm gonna fly for a little." I told Trinity and Stella. I took off, trying to forget what I had just read.

A/N- Yes, I know, da feels. I said in a comment that I was taking you to the land of feels! Anyway, look at the picture of Madelyn! I haz fanart! Well, I requested for someone to draw it, but it counts!

Also, I've entered Girl who Speaks to Birds in the Wattys! Please share this with your friends and family; it would be amazing if I could win somehow! Anyway, I've gotta go. I'll see ya in the comments! Bye for now!