Chapter XXII

The other team got the ball. A nigga arm long as fuck. Wardell passed the ball back to me I shot from the 3-point line. I stared at the ball watching it roll around the rim. Wishing it would hurry up and go in already.

The other team got it and ran back down to the other end. I don't like this I can't be running back and forth like this. This is tiring, another reason why I don't need to be on the team.

Eventually they substituted me for another player. I'm glad to sit down I'm tired as hell. They handed free water bottles. I see why they're free the water salty.

As soon as I got comfortable they substituted me back in. We're losing by six points. Chris already getting frustrated. The coach benched him so he can calm down.

I scored a couple points before they let Chris back in. I waved my arms so Chris would pass me the ball. He looked at me then went in for the shot. I know his ass saw me I was the only one open.

I brushed it off as I tried to get the ball. I shot it again as the crowd roared my name. Chris ended up with the ball again and didn't pass. He passed it to Wardell instead of me.

I'm not going to pass either. Since you can't pass to me. Because I know he loves losing. The other team got the ball after Wardell shot. Brandon got put in the game for the first time tonight.

He better than me. His defense was on point. Ain't nobody getting that ball until after he had shot.
____

Finally the buzzer rung indicating 4rth courter was over. We lost 94 to 79 points. Chris got the nerves to be mad. This loss could've been avoided. The lockeroom remained silent as the coach gave us a lecture about teamwork and cooperation.

I changed and waited for the lecture to be done. I checked the clock, it was 6:40pm it's almost 7 o'clock. He still kept talking it was about 6:50pm. Will he shut the fuck up i have somewhere to be. At 6:55pm he had finally dismissed us. I waited for Chris by the exit door.

"Drop me off at my house." I said getting in the car.

He nodded and the rest of the car ride was silent. I arrived at my house with cars lined up all around my house. How many people my mom invite?

"You coming?" I ask.

"No. Why?" He asked.

"My mom want you to come." I say.

"I have other stuff to do." He says.

"OK." I said nonchalantly.

I didn't want him coming anyway. More problems for me. I knocked on the door. I could already hear the loud voices. My cousin Kierra opened the door. "Hey, Trey!" She yelled.

"Hey." I replied walking in.

Wish my mom didn't invite her. She so damn loud and don't know when to be quiet.

"Where's your boyfriend Christopher !" She said excitingly.

Dead to me.

"He couldn't make it." I lied. "How did you know about Chris?" I asked.

"Your mom was telling everyone how nice he was." She said.

"Figures." I mumble.

Not so nice if you know what I know. I'm not even slightest bit surprised at him not coming. My mom came appeared out of nowhere.

"Ahh Shi-... Shoot." I scream.

"Boy. You better watch your mouth!" She says slapping the back of my head.