Chapter XX

Chris woke me up the following morning at 6:25 am. I covered my head with the cover. He snatched them off of me.

"Stop. Its cold." I groan.

"Not my fault you fell asleep naked." He says.

"Actually it is." I say.

"You didn't stop me. So I must've done something right." Chris says.

"It's too early." I say heading towards the bathroom.

I took a 10 minute shower and then got ready. I put on black basketball shorts, a white obey shirt, and my retros. I put spare shoes in my bag for practice later today.

Then I went back into the bathroom to do my daily hygiene. Moments later I grab my bookbag and walk into living room. I plopped on the recliner.

"Bring that ass here boy." Chris says taking his eyes off of his phone.

"Haha. You ready?" I ask.

"Yeah." Chris says unlocking the door for me.

I walked out in front of Chris as he locked the door behind him until we got to the car. Chris drove past all of the restaurants. Causing me to furrow my eyebrows.

"Where we going? All the residents back that way." I say pointing behind us.

"I know." He says smirking.

This nigga kidnapping me. I began to start a prayer for myself. The car stop moving so I finished up my prayer.

"What you doing?" Chris asked.

I checked my surroundings before replying. I was at a pancake house.

"Nothing... Let's eat." I say playing it off. You can't ever be too safe nowadays.

I followed Chris into the restaurant. Chris walked up to get a table. A waitress to seat us.

"Hey Chris" The waitress hugged him. "Hey. You must be Trey right?"

How she know who I was? "Yeah. That's me." I say shaking her extended hand.

"I'm Giselle. Chris talks abut you a lot." She says.

"No I don't." Chris defended.

"Sure." Giselle and I say in unison before erupting in laughter.

She walked us to a table by the window still laughing. "I'll be right back." She says. I began to look through the menu. Giselle came back with plates. I didn't order anything.

"This look nasty." Chris says.

"You play too much. I'll be back with y'all drinks" She says.

"Thank you." I say as she walked away.

"How'd she know what I wanted?" I ask Chris.

"I come here and get us the same thing everyday." He says.

I guess. I still should be able to order something else. If I wanted to but if it's the same as what I been eating then it's good enough.

This food taste better here than it does on a to-go plate. The waitress came back with the drinks. I hope that carmel cappuccino with whipped cream, is going to me. I got some tasteless ass hot chocolate. "This is to sweet. You want to trade?" Chris asked.

"Yeah. I guess." I say giving him my hot chocolate.

I took a sip of the cappuccino. I don't see what Chris mean 'it's too sweet' its perfect. "Much better." He might as well have got some hot water with that tasteless shit. Chris paid the bill and I left a tip.