Chapter IX

"Stop." I said irritated. "What?" He asks. "Stop apologizing if you don't mean it." I say. "What do you mean?" He asks. "You apologize but never change. " I say. "I'm sorry for that. I just don't know what to do." He says " Like I said actions speaks louder than words." I said. Chris got up and left. I got up to lock the front door behind him. My mother was just unlocking the door. Her facial expression widened.

"Hey Christopher! Wow you've gotten big. Haven't heard from you in a while. How you doing?" She says. "And Trey you're not supposed to have company over."

"Its OK ma'am, it was all my idea. But I'm doing good, trying to juggle my grades and my basketball career at the same time." Chris says. "You play for the team now? You on varsity yet?" My mom asked with her nosey self.

"Yeah, varsity." Chris says smiling at himself. "Would you like to stay for dinner?" My mom asked. Chris thought about it. "That sounds nice, haven't had one of your home cooked meals in a minute." Chris says licking his lips. "OK I'll let you guys get back to work then." She says with a smile across her face. Chris and I made our way back up the stairs. " trying to juggle my grades and my basketball career at the same time." I mocked. "Shut up. Weren't you just mad at me?" He asked. "That don't mean I can't have a sense of humor." I say smirking. "Nope. You never change do you." He says. I just laughed at him. The room grew silent as me and Chris gazed into each others eyes. Our faces inched closer with our eyes locking. Our lips locked as our tongues danced. I lightlybit Chris' lower lip. "What the hell!" My father yelled. I pulled out my pump and started breathing. My heart was pounding m racing in fear. I didn't even hear him come in. I was planning to tell him I was gay but I didn't want him finding out like this. I thought he'd be gone away still. "Dinners ready!" My mom yelled. "Coming!" I reply. I walked down the stair case as my mom prepares the meal. I took a seat v next to Chris. " Chris how about you sit on the other side. Like old times " Dad says. Mom fixed our plates and said grace. Before grace was over wanted to add in somthing extra. Obviously directing the prayer towards me. This how dinner always was. Something is always wrong. I'm always the one getting criticized.

"How was Social Studies?" Mom asked. I knew where this conversation was going, another grounding... I sighed. " We learned about the Lewis and Clark Expedition " I lied. "Oh really? What'd you learn? Because the teacher said you had a unexcused absence from the period." She said. "See what had happend was -..." "Boy don't you play with me!" She snapped. I clenched my jaw together as I froze. That's what I do when I'm nervous. "Um... I..." I stuttered looking over at Chris eating his plate of food quietly. "The awnser ain't on Chris face it's it?" She asked. "N-no ma'am. " I stuttered. How am I supposed to answer this? Im never good at making up a lie on the spot this stuff takes time, you know? "Well why weren't you in class?" She asked. "I got beat up." I lied faking like I was embarrassed. Chris looked up at me shocked. "Oh baby, why didn't you tell us. I thought you were skipping class. " she says.

Exactly what I'm talking about. My parents the first ones to take sides with the other person. Like they don't trust me or something. I sat back down eating my food taking quick glances of Chris as I looked up. My dad glared at me and Chris. "Any girls you have your eye Chris?" Dad asked. I looked at him with a "really nigga" face. Actually I'm happy I don't get to see him often. He too much to deal with. "No one particular except this one girl "Theresa" I met a while back" Chris replies. I smirked at him. "How about you Trey?" He asks. "A girl name "Christina" in my Science class." I replied. I think dad picked up on our wordplay game because he grew irritated. "Its getting late I'll be going. Thanks for the food Mrs.Neverson. See you tomorrow Trey." Chris said walking towards the door. I was about to walk him out but dad beat me to him. I went up to my room and laid back on my bed. Minutes layer my dad asked if he could talk to me. I agreed not knowing what I was getting myself into to begin with.
_______

A/N:What did you think of this chapter?