Chapter XIII

No awnser. But that didn't stop me from grabbing my stuff and walking out. "Please. I can explain." He begged.

"You did enough explaining." I say exiting the apartment.
"Where you gone go if you leave?" He yelled through the hallway.
"Like you say. 'Don't worry about that'" I mocked.

The door slamming echoed through the hallway. I felt some regret for not letting Chris explain himself. But then again what was there to explain? Can you justify cheating on someone though? My right pocket buzzes from a call. Without looking I awnser. "Hello?"

"Hey. You called a few minutes ago didn't you?" Anthony asked
"Yeah. I think I'm going to take up that offer. Can I stay at your place?" I asked.
"What happend to 'I'm good'? Hate to be petty but, I told you."
"So can I stay or..?" I ask.
"Yeah, but when you got to tell me what happend." He says.
"OK. Bye" I agreed.

I walked the next couple of blocks to Anthony's house. My phone rung again. I checked the caller ID this time and rejected it. Chris can lose my number or something. What's done is done. Then gone lie about it to my face. I should've confronted him then and there. Minutes later I rung the doorbell being greeted by Anthony's older sister Jessica. "Hey." She says.

"Hey. Where are your parents?" I asked.
"On their anniversary they'll be back tomorrow. But come in I know it's chilly out there." She says.

Honestly I felt embarrassed to come to their house with a overnight bag without this being a sleep over or something like that. I made my way up to Anthony room. He sat there on his phone waiting for something. "Wow. You're not gone say hey to your best friend?" I asked him.

"Not until you tell me what happened with y'all." He said.

I explained the story to him. He was ready to kill a nigga now. I wouldn't mind that at all. To think I was waiting for him to come back too. All of that time wasted. I feel so used and stupid. I didn't even notice I was crying. Anthony didn't either the way he was snoring. It's not even that late. I thought as I checked the time. It was late, 12:57am to be exact. "Where am I supposed to sleep at?" I asked under my breath.

I made a simple bed out of my dirty clothes I packed. This floor was hard as hell. I couldn't get any sleep, while Anthony just up there sounding like Miss Piggy. I laid there in my thoughts until I drifted off.

_

Anthony woke me up laughing. What's so funny about waking up? "How was your sleep?" He says laughing.
"That's not funny I'm sore." I whined.
"Why didn't you sleep on the air mattress?" He asked.
"What air mattress?"
"The one right there, next to the closet." He says laughing again.
"You should've told me then."
"I did. You nodded and I went to sleep." He says.

What is wrong with me these days? I swear I'm losing my mind. "What time is it?" I asked.

"10:30." He says calmly.
"We're late!"
"Calm down its a institute day." He says.
"Oh well I'm going back to sleep. No need of waking up." I say.
"Nope. Your going with me." He said.
"I'm tired. I can't go no where looking like this" I whined.
"Put these on." He says handing me a bag of clothes.

He act like I don't have clothes with me. I can't blame him these clothes nice. I just look better in them than him. I might just “borrow” some of his  clothes and fill my bag up. I put the clothes on looked in the mirror feeling myself. The song played in my head. I stop the world, Male or female it make no difference I stop the world stop... Carry on.

I walked down the stairs with my music blasting Big Daddy through my ear buds. Thinking I was all that. I turned down the music noticing Anthony was trying to talk to me. "Are you ready?" He asked.

"For what?" I asked.
"Can't say." He says.
"Why not?" I question.
"It's a suprise."
"How are we going to get to wherever we're going?" I asked.
"That's a surprise too." He says.
"So your kidnapping me basically?" I say.
"Basically." He says leaving it at that. He always trying to be festive. I know he up to something every time he smirks like that.

When we got to the mystery place or the mall he hopped out of the car. With a big smile plastered across his face.

"You brought me here." I say. He seriously kept me waiting for a trip to the mall.

"Yep." He says with that same smile.

"Why? I don't have any money with me nor did I take a shower today." I whined. Anthony handed me $20 dollar bill."What's at the mall for $20 besides snacks?"

"Alright here." He says digging into his pockets and handing me a $50 dollar bill.
"What am I  gone' do with that? Just playing. But for real where did you get that from?" I said.
"I got my -..."
"Please don't say that." I request. It reminded me too much of chris.
"OK... But you wanna go in Foot Locker first?" He says.
"Yeah." I reply.

I had my eye on this shoe, but it cost more than what I have. So I begged Anthony to get them for me. They were the Jordan Retro 5's .

"Look at these." I say trying to convince him.
"Look at that." He says showing the price tag.
"You got $70 more dollars don't you?" I ask.
"Yeah. In my pocket and its staying that way." He says.
"You're so cheap." I whined.
"Hold this for me I gotta go to the car to get something." He says giving his stuff. I sighed.

I sat at the bench and placed Anthony's stuff next to me. A man took the seat next to me. The man was a cashier, had a milk chocolate complexion, and a strong jaw line.  "Was that your boyfriend?" The clerk asked me.

"No."  I say.
"Oh, my bad." He apologizes.
"No its OK. " I say.
"You want those Jordans?" He asks.
"Yeah. But I don't have enough though" I say truthfully.
"How much you got?." He says
"$70" I say.
"That'll work. Come over here" He says.

I know shouldn't be telling people how much money I have. I really want these shoes. He rung the shoes up. He hands them back to me. The register screen had a amount due of “$16.40.”
"Damn." I mumbled under my breath.

The man typed in something else. Causing the price to lower to $3.28. I still don't have enough money. The cashier put the shoes in a bag and handed to me. "I still owe $3.28." I say.

"It's ok." He says.
"Thanks -... Ugh. what's your name?" I asked.
"Brandon." He says.
"Thanks Brandon." I say.
"I never caught your name." He says.
"Oh. It's Trey." I say.
"Your name suites you. Do you-..."
"Sorry I have to take this." I say.
"Its cool." He says.

I walked out of line and answered the call.

"What do you want Chris?" I semi yelled. I shouldn't have even picked up the phone.
"I want you. I want us."  Chris says.
"I don't have time for this right now." I say.
"Can you atleast let me explain?" He begged
"What is there to explain?" I asked
"Can you just come over tomorrow. I'll explain everything." He says.
"Fine. Nothing else." I say hanging up.

I walked back over to Brandon.

"Sorry about that." I say.
"I'm guessing that was him then?" He says.
"Yep. So what were you going to ask me earlier?" I asked him.
"Do you want to go to catch a movie tonight?" He asked.
"That sounds fun." I say.

A smile grew on his face. That showed off his pearly whites and his dimples dimples. Which made my knees weak. I love guys with a great smile and dimples.

___________________
A/N: How was it ?