Chapter I

My name is Tremaine, I prefer to be called Trey. Today will be the first week of school for me at Foreman High.

I'm somewhat quiet and usually keep to myself unless you're someone I'm close to. I usually got along with the most people though.

I have my eyes on someone, he's one of my best friends. Well I guess you can still call us that. I've been openly gay since the 7th grade.

I've always known I was different. My mom knew that I was but didn't say anything. My dad doesn't suspect that I'm gay. To him I'm his overly masculine person that he is

The guy I have my eyes on is Chris, the team captain that plays for our school. We talked a lot and hung out.

After the seventh grade is when everything started going downhill and Chris and I grew very distant after I came out.

Some of the basketball team makes fun of me for it. I get beat up sometimes but it's not as frequent as it was last year.

When I confronted them to my parents and principal they simply brushed it off making the situation worse. Don't get me wrong my parents protect me.

But their motto is "You go to school to learn not make friends. " Somewhat of it is true I guess but the rest I don't know so much.

I try and live up to their expectations but they're really restricting. I feel like I'm here by myself but I know I'm not alone.

I finished getting ready for school and made sure I didn't miss the bus. Because if I did I know I wouldn't have a way to get to school.
I am forced to be very independent in order to keep everything under control.

I stood at the bus stop still in my thoughts. Usually I stood at the bus stop with my headphones on ignoring everyone. But today was the one day I forgot to bring them.

The bus had finally arrived. I made sure to be one of the first people on the bus because it's so crowded. I hated how the school tried to cut costs and cram us into one bus like.

As usual I took a seat in the front of the bus next to my friend Anthony. Anthony is straight but doesn't mind that I am openly gay. He often gets called a few names but he truly does not care.

I don't know how he can be so strong. I just hope some of it rubs off on me.

On the bus ride we got to the third stop. Which is where the majority of the basketball players live.

The school calls them Basketball Players. As I like to call them The Athletic Jackasses. As they made their way onto the bus we exchanged dirty looks.

_________
If you enjoyed let me know so I can continue the story. Please read my other books they're completed. :-D

A/N: If you guys didn't know I struggle with social anxiety and I thought I'd share this as a resource. I signed up for this site where you could text or speak to a therapist comfortably from wherever you are in the world and it allowed me to actually express how I felt instead of focusing on being judged. While this message is sponsored it truly did help me. So If you need to talk to someone I encourage you to get the proper help you need! Everyone who uses the link below receive 20% off of their first month.
https://onlinetherapy.go2cloud.org/SH56