Prologue

The current was calm, the waters were nice, but all of the kingdom had swam to the outside of the gold, abstract castle, waiting for the King and Queen to emerge from the balcony. The word has been spread around of the new royal, the third now born to the Cordelia family, the rulers of Antastica. The location of the kingdom itself was off in the magical realm with all the other worlds after traveling through an Entrance, a portal to get to the world from Earth. Creatures all around came to witness the welcoming, and were excited to attend the large party for the occasion afterwards. The merpeople have waited for this, waited for a son to be the heir, because the two Princess couldn't have been. The water sparkled against the light, the merpeople were silent, flipping their colorful, scaly tails around to float comfortably. The kind fish were now just starting to arrive, hundreds of thousands of creatures now waiting for their rulers. The only thing that was moving were the seaweed in the sand, waving lightly, the green and tan colors mixing beautifully. Under the sea, everything was beautiful, and the royal family added to it. The family has been ruling for so long, and the creatures, fish, merpeople, whoever they were, had no problems with it. The only problem now, was that the Cordelia's needed an heir, a Prince. They had two Princesses before this child, Ocea and Nicole. They were two years apart, Ocea was four, Nicole was two, and now the new Prince or Princess, but the entire kingdom hoped for Prince. If they were merpeople, they kept their fingers crossed with hopefulness. They were engaged in their own conversation while waiting, speaking of what might happen if it was another Princess. There were problems, like there weren't that many merpeople kingdoms, which meant there would be other worlds needing Princesses. And Antastica didn't have very close bonds with them. It's not like they were enemies, but the other worlds had land creatures, which had no desire to live in the ocean, or have anything to do with it. Same with the merpeople though, because they rarely stepped on land, although it wasn't easy. Too many complications, sometimes even Black Magic was needed for legs, so they just stuck with their scaly tails and were happy with it. It's not like they had anything against land, but… nobody liked complications. This was no exception.

The merpeople were silenced as King Triton appeared from the balcony high above the crowd, resting his hands on the railing as his longish blonde hair flowed behind him, his sea-colored eyes sparkling in the ocean light. Everyone stopped their conversations and turned towards the King, who was nothing less than smiling as Queen Melody appeared next to him, holding the infant carefully. The loud trombones played the royal tune from the royal band, and when they were silenced, the King began his speech.

"A Princess was born." The King called, and the creatures either gasped, groaned, or stayed silent. "But not to worry, a Princess is a good thing. An heir only has to be smart, loving, and kind, doesn't matter if the heir is a Prince or Princess. An heir has to love the kingdom, and they will receive love back, and I know she will be perfect." He finished, and the kingdom applauded. The guards brought out the other daughters, Ocea and Nicole, their small tails glistening.  They haven't learned how to swim properly yet, but they were always in the house, out of danger. The new Princess was no exception. The King held his other daughters, continuing. "It doesn't matter which one takes the throne, as long as their leadership continues to make this kingdom to strive for it's true potential. Antastica will never be the same!" And there was more applauding, some cheering. "And now, her name…" The King stopped himself, turning to his wife, who gave him a nod. "Her name is Aqua, for the color of her tail." He stated, and it was true. Her tail was the color of the sea, a true blue color without mixes of other colors. It glistened and sparkled in the light, and the crowd was at an uproar. "And she will be spectacular." He breathed to his family, eyeing Aqua, stroking the little blonde strands of hair that she had. "Now come on, let's party!" He called, and the royals headed back inside with their daughters as the kingdom prepared for the party. The whole crowd was cheering, merpeople and fish, as the music from the band started. The party had to be outside, because the castle honestly wasn't that big. The royals swam there way downstairs quickly, resting themselves on the outdoor thrones as they watched their kingdom dance the day away.