Chapter 33: Sorry, Your Plan Didn't Work

Start from the beginning

   When he came, it was as if he brought a part of me with him which had been missing since I left England. And as he flew away, he took it with him again.

**

   The weeks passed and I couldn't get Zayn's image out of my head. My firm decision to stay away from England started to crumble but I didn't have the guts to actually go back. I tried to distract myself by going out a lot with my friends. At least now I had time to do that as school was about to start soon.
   "So.. when was the last time you opened your Twitter account?" Leesha was laying on her stomach on my bed, holding my Up All Night CD in her hands. It was a gift from the boys and she had asked me a trillion times to take it for herself but I always refused.
   "That was ages ago." I mumbled and wrote my name neatly on one of my new notebooks. School would start tomorrow and I was spending my last day of the vacation with Leesha. "Why are you asking?"
   "Well.." she hesitated and looked at me deeply which made me feel uncomfortable. I avoided her gaze by putting the notebook into my school bag. "He tweeted you a song.."
   My hands started shaking a little as I asked: "What song?"
   "Not sure if you know it," she replied, put the CD away and moved into a more comfortable position. "It's called How Do You Sleep, by Jesse McCartney." That title didn't ring a bell in my mind. I jumped up, walked over to my desk and grabbed the laptop. A few minutes later I was sitting cross-legged on the bed with Leesha by my side, loading the link.
   It wasn't Jesse McCartney singing. It was the link of a twitcam Zayn did a few days ago. I watched him turning the cameras on and talking to the fans. He didn't look like in the photo Harry showed me. There were no bags under his clear, shining eyes. His hair wasn't in a mess and he had a hairless face. He was smiling widely whilst talking to the fans and seeing him like this in the video, made me tear up.
   "Why did you say it's a song?" I asked Leesha with a thick throat.
   "Because he's going to sing it. And I thought if I told you it's a twitcam, you won't agree to open it." She was right. If I had known he was talking and smiling in the video, I wouldn't be watching it right now.
   First he was talking about the upcoming album and the endless support of his fans and in the middle of the video, he grabbed a guitar and announced that he was going to sing a song which almost perfectly fitted his situation. And then he started singing How Do You Sleep.
   I had a strange rustling in my ear and my mind felt dizzy that was why my mind only kept a few lines of his song.

    It's been about a year now
Ain't seen or heard from you
I've been missing you crazy
How do you, how do you sleep?

   "This song is for you." Leesha beside me whispered and I nodded slowly, not being able to concentrate well.

Tried my best at moving on
 Have yet to find a girl like you
See things now I didn't before
Now I'm wishing I had more time with you,
How do you stay awake knowing all I do is think of you
All the things we thought about that never will happen again

   As he finished, he smiled a shy smile and whispered at the camera: "That was for you, J." Then he cleared his throat, dismissed his fans and the twitcam ended. What did he expect to achieve by that? Make my heart hurt again like before? It worked.
   "How do you feel now?" Leesha's words came out in whispers. She was afraid to say something wrong.
   "Like on the first day after I left them." Was my answer. I had built a wall around my heart since that day and now Zayn was able to tear it down by singing a song in a video. I think I'm going crazy!

   "At least now you know that he really loves you."

**

   I don't know why, but I felt the need to reply to him in a similar way.
   After Leesha left, I extracted the music of Demi Lovato's Give Your Heart A Break. Why that song? Because it reminded me of one of my very first days in England..

<Flashback>

  Zayn smiled widely. "This is One Direction. Heard of them before?"
   I didn't need to think for a second and shook my head. "Nope." I grinned widely, realising that this was the evidence of what he'd heard about me. He let me listen to the song till it ended and another one began. A woman, this time.

Hey hey, you you, I don't like your girlfriend, no way no way, I think you need a new one, hey hey, you you, I could be your girlfriend..
   I don't know why but I had to chuckle when I heard the lyrics to that song.
   "That's Avril Lavigne." Zayn grinned.
   "Ah, I know her!"
   "Really? A miracle!" he teased me, raising one of his eyebrows.
   "Hey!" I protested, pouting. "I also know Rihanna and Justin Bieber."
   "Wow, I'm impressed."
    I smirked and stroked over my scarf.
   "By the way." He said, looking at the stereo. "Do you have a boyfriend?"
    I raised my left eyebrow and threw a look at him from over my glasses. "Seriously, do I look like somone who has a boyfriend?"
   He grinned. "Nope."
   "I'd never fall in love." I claimed, looking up at the ceiling.
   The black haired boy laughed. "And your future husband?"
   A smile appeared on my face. "He will be the only exception. Why should I have many wrong boyfriends if I can have one right husband?"
   He shook his head, with a small smile on his lips. "You are weird. But I like weird."

I told him that I'd never fall in love. And that was wrong. And that was why I changed a little big bit of Demi's song.

The day I first met you
I  told you I'd never fall in love
But now that I get me
I know fear is what it really was
Now here we are so close
Yet so far
How did you pass the test?
When will I realise
That you're not like the rest?

Don't wanna break my heart
Wanna give my heart a break
You know I'm scared it's wrong
Like we might make a mistake
There's just one life to live
And there's no time to wait, to waste 
Oh yeah, yeah
On Sunday I flew home, alone
There were tears in my eyes
You  called my cell phone, my love
But I did not reply
The world is yours if you want it
We can take it if I could take your hand
There's no turning back now
Baby, try to understand!

Oh yeah, yeah
The day I first met you
I told you I never fall in love..

___________________

Don't forget to vote and comment please, I appreciate your feedback a lot :) x