Chapter 19

Joe slowly made her way down the isle. Everyone staring in awe at the bride. She looked as though she's just stepped out of a fairytale. Joe deserves it, as does Ric. Out of all the Mystic Gang, he is my second favourite. Stefan still being my sort of favourite. I think I really only started enjoying Stefan's company when Damon and Elena got together. Probably out of a common betrayal.
Though none of this mattered. Only two people who deserve the most beautiful day of their lives. Other than the birth of their twins, who are on their way.
Everything will end perfectly. I will get Kai, Ric and Joe will live happily ever after, Stefan and Caroline will live the rest of eternity together, as will Damon and Elena, not to mention Bonnie and Jeremy's relationship.
We will finally get our happily ever afters.
I had missed part of the vows from being so deep in thought, but a load scream took me out of dream world.
"I was going to wait the "till death do us part" bit, but it seemed a little on the nose..."
Kai, no, no no! Why did he have to kill Joe? The twins! He just killed a pair of innocent children.
With his words, he let off some magic causing everyone to fall and for the windows to smash.
Falling down, I felt a long sharp piece of glass fall into my chest, scraping my heart. It was so heavy that it went through my chest, keeping me held on the floor.
"Kai! K-Kai!" I yelled in pain yet he seemed too set on his plan of revenge.
He'd rather I die than him miss out on a piece of revenge.
A tear slowly made its way down my cheek.
Maybe he will never choose me over power. I'll always come second.
With that last thought my eyes drooped before my sight was engulfed in darkness.
~~~
"Kat. Katerina. Come on, wake up. I didn't come back here for you to die on me," a muffled voice begged.
Letting out a small groan, I sat up only to be greeted my a worried Kai.
"Thank goodness you're alive! I-I don't think I could have lived with myself if you had of died. I didn't even know you were there, I swear. If I'd of known, I would have made sure you were safe. Please forgive me."
Looking at Kai, all I could see was images of him stabbing Joe. Stabbing the children.
"Why did you kill the twins?" I asked croakily.
"They were twins, which meant they would merge then I would loose all my power," he explained as if it was the most obvious thing in the world.
"Y-you killed a pair of innocent children. You killed your nieces or nephews. I thought you had stopped with the whole killing your family thing..."
He let off a malicious chuckle, "I tried to be a better person, but look where it got me! Alone in a prison world, humiliated over the fact that I actually trusted Bonnie."
My Kai, he would never have hurt babies. I thought I'd changed him slightly, for the better. I was so wrong. He'd become even more evil while he was there.
What Kai did is unforgivable.
"I'm sorry, I don't think I can be with you anymore. I don't want to live scared that something bad may happen to you and then I end up dead. Kai, what if we ended up having children? It's possible, I'm a hybrid. What if you go in a fit of rage and do something to our children? I can't risk that."
Tears were fighting their way out of my eyes but I fought back. I can not show weakness.
With those words, I stood up before attempting to walk away from him.
Key word attempting.