Chapter 12

I hate being alone. It's so... boring. Kai had to go mess with the Scooby Gang and he's still not back! Why isn't he back! Weirdly, I had the sensation that I had to have a look at the calendar. I honestly don't know why, I felt something inside of me screaming to have a look at it. Let's just say it felt like the Gods literally answered my questions.
Albeit, it was scruffy, but I could make out two particular names; Lukas and Olivia... He's going to merge with Joe!
The barstool didn't invite me to watch! How could he? It was getting dark so I decided that I should vamp speed to where I know for a fact he will be.

~At Wherever They Had The Merge~

Talk about plot twist! I mean, no one saw Luke merging with Kai, like no one! It was rather amusing when Luke all but forced Kai to merge.
Once I saw Kai fall to the floor so many feelings rushed through me. Please, God, no!
I sped towards Kai's still body. I felt tears gushing forward while I dropped to his right.
"K-Kai. You better make it out of this! If you don't I'll kill you!" I muttered while holding onto him.
I could hear Joe sobbing next to Luke, begging for him to wake up. It was a heart wrenching sight but at that point in time all I cared about was Kai waking up.
"How can you feel anything for Kai? He's a sociopath, Katerina!" Joe hissed.
I must say, I was surprised she could remember my name. We only ever met once and that was at the pageant. I sooo ship her and Ric though! Jalaric forever!!!
"I l-care for him because, and this might surprise you, he's different. I like him because I know he likes me... he fixes me."
I almost said love. I don't love him, do I? I mean, I feel strongly for him. Kai is possibly the only person I know who doesn't hate me in any way. When he smiles at me I feel tingles in my stomach. He is part of the reason why I turned my emotions back on. Kai is the only light in my life. The only person I know who's ever chosen me over Elena. Who has struck up for me. Most importantly, he didn't care when it turned out I was a demon. If he died right now I wouldn't be able to live on. I'd go so deep into the dark I'd never be able to resurface.
God! Please wake up, Kai! I begged to any God who would listen.
My eyes trailed back to where his body once was only to be greeted with nothing. My ears trained onto the sound of Luke's voice. Kai, he-he's dead. I quickly formed into a ball, weeping.
He said he'd be back, he told me he was going to be back by my birthday. He told me he'd always come back for me! He lied!
Kai's gone and I'm never getting him-
"Did you really think you'd get rid of me that easily?" An all too familiar voice asked behind me.
Without thinking about it I jumped onto him like a god damn koala bear, squeezing him like a teddy and crying in relief.
This will be the only time I will ever have the guts to do this. I mean, what if he pulls away? What if he doesn't like he like that? What if- oh screw it! YOLO!
Yes, I'm sure you know what I did... You don't? Well, I, Katerina Gilbert, kissed the malicious, sociopathic Malachai Parker.
___________________________
Hi, guys! I hope you liked this chapter! I won't be able to update again this week because it is my birthday on Friday! EEEK! Can not wait!
Anyway, I hope you have a great week! BYEEE!