Chapter 5

The pain wouldn't stop. It was spread throughout my body. I couldn't stop it. I am going to die alone. From a sociopath! I have a feeling he was going to do something even more terrible. Something that will make any hope of getting sarcastic Kai back.
I was right, of course. For I was disturbed from my pain by a scream. A manly scream. Then Malachai came into sight. With a girl over his shoulder.
"Yo, Tarzan, is that your Jane?" My voice croaked.
After all the screaming I don't think I'll ever be able to sing again. That hurt the most. The knowledge that the only thing I could do better than Elena will be demolished because of him.
He shot me a glare before he put "Jane" on a seat. After he got her hair out of her face I instantly recognised her. Elena.
"This is kinda cool, you know? There's her who is dating Damon then you who used to date Damon. But you both look exactly alike. He obviously preferred her personality over yours. Though that's not hard to believe. Your sarcasm is extremely irritating. Elena over here is a lot more prettier as well."
His words where slowly demolished any hope of getting nice Malachai back.
"Thank you for explaining the predicament which is my life, Malachai," I hissed.
A small amount of emotion filled his eyes which was soon demolished by hatred.
"Yep, definitely prefer Elena over you. Just like everyone else."
That shut me up. I give up. I'm not going to fight it. He's gonna kill me and I won't try to stop him. He reminded me why I ended up dead, I thank him for that.
"Thank you," I told him with pure pain. No sarcasm, no joking and no hatred. Pure weakness. Nothing else.
He seemed taken back by my two words. Obviously not expecting those two words to come from my mouth.
"No one's ever said thank you to me before. And you, someone who I've tortured for two days, is saying thank you? I just told you that everyone hates you! You shouldn't be saying thank you! A comeback! A snarky comeback! Anything!" He roared.
"You reminded me why I died. You let me feel pain before I die once again. You reminded me why I am who I am. Why I have no friends. Why no one cares about me. I don't deserve to be loved. What do you expect me to say? You made me feel an emotion after I turned them off. So, yes. I thank you for doing that for me. And I am sorry for anything I have said of done to you to make you hate me. I'm not angry you hate me, everyone hates me..."
His eyes were leaning towards pity. But took a weird turn. Instead of looking at me, he was looking at Elena. That wasn't what scared me, what scared me was the fact he was looking at her with so much hate. Even I flinched at the glare.