Chapter 11

Before I start I need to say thank you for all who have entered my competition! Though the can only be one winner! (I've always wanted to say that!) the winner is... *drum roll* Th3rand0mpers0n! And I hope you all had an eggs-ellent Easter! ;)
__________________________
My feelings were gushing back before I could stop them. My once emotionless state was no longer.
Why is he being like this? I did nothing! I had made sure I didn't do this, do anything that would make Kai like this yet here he is... By now he had shattered all the lights and was on to smashing all the plates.
"K-Kai! Stop it! P-please!" I screamed over the screaming and smashing. Even with my screaming I still stuttered while my voice was broke with every word I mouthed.
"Why should I? I mean you're the one who's in the wrong! You're the one who has been calling me an abomination! Why should I be the one to stop? Hey? Hardly seems fair, don't you think?" His voice was becoming more sinister as every word fell out of his mouth.
Something struck me as odd though. I have never called Kai an abomination. Albeit when I was peeved I would call him a sociopath, but that's a name he pretty much takes as a compliment. He LIKES being a sociopath!
"I never called you an abomination Malachai! Where on Earth did you get that conclusion?!" I demanded with more strength in my voice.
"Well how do you explain this then?" Before I knew it he had pulled my phone out on my messages with... Elena?
"Kai, I haven't messaged her you idiot! That's not me," I told him with a smile on my face.
"Well it sure came from your phone!"
Looking to the replies there was none, confirming my innocence.
"Kai Kai, Elena lost her phone when Vicki became a vampire and tried to kill Jeremy. I never asked her for her new number because I didn't see the point. I hate her. So why on earth would I message someone I knew wouldn't reply?" My explanation was perfect, "Also, if I was calling you an abomination why wouldn't I delete the messages?"
I had him there. He couldn't argue for every word I told him was true. I'm all about honestly when it comes to people I lo-care for. I would never bad mouth someone who was close to me. It's just not in my nature.
My hand reached for his cheek then started to talk again.
"Kai, I would never, ever betray you. You are the only one who I trust here. If you don't trust me then maybe I'm wasting my time," I trailed off, letting my hand drop to my side with a solemn look covering my face.
Why did this have to be the reason to have my emotions turn back on. Heart brake. Shaking my head I started to walk away.
Petty albeit, but if my trust in him isn't mutual our friendship (or possibly more) isn't worth my time. I am not going to end up like one of those girls who are scared to do anything in case their spouse might not like it. Oh hell naw!
"Kat! Listen, I'm sorry. It's just that I thought you didn't like me, that you were like my parents. Like my coven! I have trust issues, I am paranoid and make stupid, irrational decisions that make people hate me! P-please don't be like them," he begged while pouting.
He looked so adorable, why did he have to look so innocent? I knew it was a facade to hide his inner demon. Yet the look he gave me melted any strength into a little puddle.
Letting a sigh of defeat I turned to see a tear trickle down his cheek. Hesitantly, I made my way towards him before wrapping my arms around his abdomen. I will regret this, I just know it.