Chapter 1 [Edited]

|When everyone had gone through Bonnie|

I ran as fast as I could. Jeremy was screaming at the top of his lungs. I ran to see where he was going but got there before him.
"Bonnie?" I asked uncertain.
Her had snapped towards me, "Katerina?"
I nodded then ran towards her as if my life depended on it, hugging her as tightly as possible. I want to be able to touch something before I die for good. I want to feel the emotions I haven't felt in a long, long time.
"D-do you want to hold hands?" Her voice seemed hesitant and weak.
I had never heard her like that before: defenseless. I was used to seeing her as a strong, witty witch. Not a terrified little girl.
I nodded my head. Before I knew what was happening, Damon had ahold of my hand. I never thought I would see them two last. The last voices I would hear, the last skin I would feel, and the last scent I would smell.
I held on to everything I could see, from the tweeting birds, to the gusts of wind whipping my hair around as if it was a halo. But soon everything was engulfed in a bright white.
This is my end...
A throbbing in my head made me nearly fall down after standing up on the hard street. Bits of rock were stuck in my hair, leaving me with a messy, bed head look. Trust me when I say I do NOT rock the look.
Looking over to my right I saw Damon, glaring at everything around him like it was his moral enemy. Idiot.
I was more worried by the fact that Bonnie was missing.
"Bonnie! Bonnie!" I screamed at the top of my voice.
I heard Damon groaning about the load noise coming from my mouth.
"Will you shut up?" he hissed at me. I wouldn't be surprised if he was a snake in another life.
"Sorry, snake man!" I snapped back.
His eyes widened slightly before slitting again. Ouch, that hurts!
"Will you two shut up?" A croaky voice came from behind a car.
A high pitched scream escaped from my mouth. Not on purpose of course! Soon forgetting about the two unnecessary supernatural things, I started to walk away. If I'm gonna spend forever here, I might as well find someone to have fun with. After strolling in the stifling heat I caught sight of a newspaper, which quite clearly says "May 10th, 1994."
I sat down on the porch then started to read it, though I quickly got to the back.
"Now this is interesting..."
It read:
21 Year Old Boy Kills Siblings
21 year old Malachai Parket from Portland is one of 7 children. Most said he was always an abnormal child and showing signs of being violent. But on the night of May the 9th he truly showed his dark side... He killed 4 of his younger siblings and cut out his twin sister's spleen. The only children of the Parker family who survived unscathed were the two youngest twins, Olivia and Lukas Parker.
Though his parents testify that he never showed anti-social, violent or psychotic behaviour, most people who have met the young boy have disagreed with their statement saying he never spent time with other people, or did any other curricular activities.
A quote from Mr. Inimeg states, "Malachai Parker is one of the most troublesome of my students. I wish I could say it surprised me of his actions, but truly it didn't seem shocking in any way. He would often threaten other students."

My reading was cut off by crunching from the grocery shop. I hesitantly got from my seat to investigate the sound. Damon and Bon Bon were probably searching around for clues.
As I got closer to the sound, the more my heart thudded against my ribcage. Any second now it was going to pound out of my chest.
What I was greeted with almost left me in tears: a young boy, around 21, munching away on pork rinds.
"How the hell can you eat them?" I asked casually.
His eyes widened before smirking. Oh God, not another smirker! Why lord, why?
"Alright, princess?"
I have to admit, he was cute...
"Yes, as long as you never call me princess ever again."
His smirk widened before sticking his hand in front of me, "Kai Parker. Do I get to know the name of such a pretty lady?"
My eyes widened before putting my hand in his, "As long as you don't stalk me, Katerina Gilbert."
Maybe I could deal with him. I mean it's either a sociopath or Damon and Bonnie. I'll take my chances with the sociopath, thank you very much!
"No promises, princess."
My eyes became slits as I glared at him, "Never call me princess. Got that, Princess?" I commanded.
I'm guessing you want to know why I am so touchy about being called princess. Well-- I guess you will have to find out. I'm not as easy to crack like poor Princess of Emotions Elena Gilbert.
He shimmied his hands, showing he had backed off the subject. I must have seemed slightly bipolar because the next second I was all smiles. I flung my arm over his shoulder before smugly saying, "You are my new best friend!"
__________________________
Hi, I realised that I made a mistake with the age of Kai. I'm sorry if any of you were confused. I usually just write what comes to mind. I also kinda wrote this late at night... hehehe. But thank you for pointing it out to me.
But I must warn you it is unedited and there are probably a lot of other errors. So, if you do not mind being slightly confused (😇) please carry on reading. Thank you. Bye bye!