Chapter 14

Katerina Gilbert's POV:
Ok, so my emotion switch didn't last long. To the point that as soon as I saw a picture of him and me, my emotions slipped back on.
I hate him yet I love him. I could go a thousand years hating him but when it came down to it, I'd still love him.
Maybe I was a masochist. I mean, it's possible. Then again, if someone tried to whip me I'd rip their head off so I doubt that diagnosis.
Anyway, from my overload of emotions, I am drinking my sorrows away with whatever is in the Salvatore Boarding House. I'm sure Damon wouldn't be so happy about me drinking his best alcohol but... Meh! At the moment, all I care about is Kai.
Images of Kai kept flashing through my head, both good and bad.
Kai has gone MIA, meaning all the emotions I am feeling are just staying where they are; my head.
In the middle of State of Mind I heard a soft knock at my door.
In the middle of everything I moved into a compelled apartment. One of the many perks of vampirism!
Turning down the music, I skipped over to my door. Opening it, Malachai fell into the threshold.
"Hi to you too!" I greeted putting my best poker face.
Bending down, I dragged him over to my couch. I'm not just going to leave him on the floor. People could get suspicious.
"And you don't like to see him hurt..." A voice in my head told me in a sing song tone.
I hate myself for not hating that barstool! Really, I should be hating myself for not hating that he hates me.
His words still echo through my head, "Thought since I tortured you? Since I tried to kill you? Since I told you to your face I preferred Elena? That she was the prettier one?! I don't like you, Katerina Gilbert! I despise you!"
I can't remember what I did that made him hate me. Was I too clingy? Too annoying? Or was I just not Elena.
Elena, everyone's first choice. Damon chose her, mum and dad chose her, Isobel chose her and most importantly Jeremy chose her.
The only people who have never preferred her over me are dead because of that self centred-
I was cut off by a groaning Kai.
"Lovely entrance back there. Very... Dramatic!"
I heard him chuckle slightly before looking up at me, "Still got your emotions off; impressive."
Now it was my turn to laugh. He thinks I have my emotions off? Please? I would have just kicked him out of my apartment (literally) before kicking him in the head.
"You think I still have no emotions? Now that's funny coming from the person who seems to also have their emotions off," I taunted.
He let off a sigh before replying, "Number one, I seem to have a few qualities off Luke-" I cut him off.
"You're gay? Cool! I've always wanted a gay best frien-" seems that there is a copy cat in the room.
"As much as I support the whole gay rights thing, I'm not gay. Still pretty stuck on girls," he replied unimpressed, "As I was saying, I seem to have developed a conscious. Weird right? Like, when I thought about what I said to you water stated to fall from my eyes like I was some freaky monster. Has that ever happened to you? Like, I'm tempted to go to the doctors about it."
I let off a sigh of despair, "You mean you cried?"
A look of recognition filled his eyes, "I thought that was a myth!"
I demanded him to carry on with what he was saying. What Kai said next shocked me to no end.
"What I said that night. It wasn't me. I wanted so much to say what I was thinking but something-something took over. I didn't mean anything I told you. You're the only one I've ever cared about... I-I don't want to loose you."
Any hatred I bag have harboured for him dispersed. All that was left was pure and utter love.
I'm not perfect, yet either is he. We are a semi perfect match. Neither of us expect more from the other. Though I'm sure there will be a lot of slip ups, but if that meant being loved by him. I didn't care.
Without thinking twice I kissed him. I'm sure it would have gone further if not for him coughing up blood. In my mouth. Yes, you heard right ladies and gentlemen! His blood sick was in my mouth.
"Ew!" I squealed while spitting out said blood.
"I think it's from the merge with Luke. I need Joe's magic."