Chapter 13

Hi! I know I haven't updated in ages! So here's a little treat! ;)

Kai Parker's POV:
Is she actually? She's kissing me. I can't help but feel something welling up inside of me. I've never felt like this before. I don't like it! What this is, it makes me feel weak. That's something I certainly don't like. Though something I defiantly like is the girl in front of me. More than just a friend.
No you don't! She's nothing more than a tool! Someone I can play with to pass the time! You don't feel anything for her!
My body is being split into two. A war against my heart and my mind. Unluckily my mind was winning.
"Katerina? Did you really think I felt that way towards you?" I let out a sinister laugh.
This isn't me. I do feel that way for her! Why am I not able to say that?
Because I'm in control. That monster inside of you which makes you toxic.
I'm not toxic. Am I? If so, Katerina makes me good.
Well maybe I've had enough of being in the back seat. I want to sit in the drivers seat.
"Well, I just thought that since you-" He cut her off.
Why is he doing this to her? I don't want to hurt Katerina! She's the only light in my darkness-
Oh stop with your mushy gushy baby talk!
"Thought since I tortured you? Since I tried to kill you? Since I told you to your face I preferred Elena? That she was the prettier one?! I don't like you, Katerina Gilbert! I despise you!" My inner demon bellowed to the fragile girl in front of me.
Her eyes closed for a few minutes before peeling open again only to reveal pitch black eyes.
"You really shouldn't have done that, Malachai."
Katerina's voice became hollow, like her eyes. Neither held feeling. Just emptiness.
What has that thing done done?!
"You're not the only one who has a dark side, little boy, I am going to make sure you pay for your word-"
I cut her off my teleporting myself back to the house. It was only then that I had full control of my body.
"What the hell did you just do?!" I bellowed to that malicious beast inside of me.
I fixed what you was doing wrong. You told me that you wanted to be all powerful and I am simply granting that wish! Even if I have to take control of your body for awhile.
"Maybe I don't want that anymore! I have had 19 years to think about it! Maybe I did want it back then, I would pick her over power any day!"
Really? Well why did you allow me to take control today? You could have taken back control of you really wished for it. I shall leave you now. Pick, boy. The girl or unlimited power.
Then with that, the voice left. Leaving me alone to process what he just said.
I used to be one step ahead. I knew every move one made. With Katerina, I don't think I know anything anymore.