"How old are you?" Another person asks. I guess you don't have to raise hands in this class.

"Twenty four," he says leaning back onto his desk. "This is my third year teaching at this college. Okay, so how many sophmores do I have? Juniors?" He goes on and on listing the different years until everyone but me has raised their hand.

"What are you?" He asks me furrowing his eyebrows. "I don't think I saw you raise your hand."

"I-I'm a freshman," I say looking down at my desk.

"A freshman in my class?" He asks, "how'd you pull that off? Usually only upperclassmen and abnormally smart people are allowed in this class."

"I was v-valedictorian."

"So were half the other people in this room," he says walking over towards my desk, "why do you keep stuttering? Talk right or don't talk."

"Obviously she can't asshole," I hear Scott say in a low voice.

"I'm sorry what was that Scott?" Stan asks looking over at Scott. "Please remember that I'm friends with your father, don't mutter things in my class."

Of course Scott just decides to mutter something else.

"The girl who stutters and the boy who mutters," Stan says looking over at us, "a great name for a book. Too bad I'm not an author."

"It's a speech deficiency," Scott says through gritted teeth.

Why is Scott all of a sudden standing up for me about my stutter as if he wasn't just making fun of it yesterday? I don't know if he's trying to prove that he can go without making fun of me or not but this starting to confuse the hell out of me.

"Ah I see," Stan says rubbing the stubble on his chin. "My apologies. Well I must say I'm glad to have a freshman this year. Obviously you must be pretty smart to have made it thus far. Now we're going to be focusing on the three major world religions this year-"

.-.-.-.-.-.-.-.

"What was that?" I ask hitting Scott's arm when we walk out of the classroom.

"That was world religions class," he says furrowing his eyebrows.

"I'm referring to w-when you were t-talking to Stan," I say.

"I don't recall."

"Thanks for defending m-me Scott."

"Did it make you want to sleep with me?" He asks quirking an eyebrow at me.

"Not in t-the slightest."

"Then the mission was a failure."

"S-shut up mutter boy," I say laughing.

"Don't call me that."

"I deserve to s-seeing as you've c-called me Stutter girl since freshman year."

"That's only because Stutter girl sounds like a hot name," he says as we walk towards the lunch hall, "mutter boy on the other hand..."

We walk into the lunch room and I follow Scott over to where everyone is eating. I notice Anna walk into the room next to a guy so I wave. She waves back and follows the guy over to a table filled with other people.

"Scott!" Victor shouts walking over towards us holding a slip of paper, "dude I found this coupon for the Steak N' Bake. Dude we can get 99 cents steak!"

"I thought your family was against eating animals," Scott says laughing.

"I'd eat you for 99 cents."