The Beginning

6 years earlier

"Darling, just stop training!"
Marijn stops hitting the boxing ball as he sees Melissa walking inside of the garage.
"In a minute, hon", he answers and continues.
Melissa grabs his shirt and pulls him with her out of the garage, into the living room and puts him down on a chair infront of the television.
"Just be with your wife for once...", Melissa say seductively as she puts her hand on his chest.
"Mom, dad, I'm home!"
Melissa quickly pulls back her hand as she hears the voice of a boy.

"Hi Steven", they say at the same time.
"Hi!", the boy smiles.
"I've got dinner-"
Melissa gets interupted by a loud explosion and everyone jumpscares.
Marijn walks towards the window and sees that the gas station near his house is on fire and people running away from it.
"What the fuck is going on there...", he says.
"Stay here...", he orders Melissa and Steven.

Marijn goes outside.
A man walks towards him slowly, dragging his leg. The man's eyes are lifeless and yellow and he has a grey skin.
"Do you know what's going on, sir?", Marijn asks. The man doesn't respond.
"Sir?"
The man reaches for Marijn.
"Don't touch me!"
No response.
Marijn pushes the man away. He now sees that the man has wounds all over his skin and a big gap in his left underarm.
"My god... you need to get to a hospital sir!", Marijn states.
Again, no response.
Marijn pushes the man away again and runs back to his front door to open it. He gets inside and quickly closes the door behind him.

"Steven, can you go get that baseball bat of yours?", Marijn says.
Steven nodds frightened and runs upstairs.
"What's going on?", someone outside tries to get me, with yellow eyes, grey skin and lots of wounds... I don't trust this...", Marijn explains.
"Dafuck...", Melissa says.
Steven walks into the room and hands the bat over to his father.
"Thank you", Marijn says.

A man smashes his fists to the front window.
"OPEN UP! LET ME IN!"
The gray man walks towards the man and bites him in his neck.
"HOLY FUCK!", Marijn screams.
Behind the biting, the same situation happens too, but more: gray people hunting down and deserting on normal people.
"Close the shutters and grab only what's necissary!", Marijn orders while grabbing a meat knife out of a cubboard.
"We need to leave. AND NOW", he continues.
"Get to the car!"