Chapter 9: Opportunity

Joe's Pov:

"mmmm, this is so good."

I placed the cup of coffee on the counter, licking my lips as I looked at Peter. " I can't believe this is the last cup of coffee I'm going to drink that you've made. I know I haven't been working here for long but it's so good" I said.

"Oh Joe, thank you! But it's alright, you're earning a new Barista! Oli was trained well under me and I think he's ready to take my place." Peter smiled, taking my cup away.

Peter is our barista, but he's leaving soon. Dan and Phil were there too to say goodbye by drinking the last cup of coffee he'd ever make for us. We all smiled at Peter, and hugged him goodbye before he departured. Dan and Phil left shortly afterwards, holding hands. They were such a cute couple. Which reminded me of the events that happened yesterday, and made me sigh.

This morning when I woke up, Caspar was gone. But his " I'm sorry" still lingers in my ears. He was the one who put that blanket on me, and he was the one who locked the door and slipped the keys under it. God, he was so sweet doing that. He's also, still confusing as hell.

I received a call from Zoe earlier as well, she was kind of upset. She broke up with her long term boyfriend John. Though she wasn't crying, and she clearly has her friend Louise there for her, I still didn't feel at ease. She's my only sister, and I wanted her to be happy. Ugh, so many crap to think about at once. I can hardly function at work.

" Joe, that kind of hurt my feelings a bit." Oli said, interruptimg  my crowded thoughts. I glanced at him then, "What do you mean?"

"You saying Peter's Coffee is the best" he frowned at me playfully.

I wiggled my eyebrows, " are you jealous?"

"Maybe?" He risesd his brown eyebrows at me. I chuckled, "oh shut up Oli."

He chuckled back, " I'll make you one after work, and you be the judge then."

I smiled at him mischievously, "Sure mate. I'll just run and get some stomach medication. You know just in case something happens to me." 

He ruffled my hair, "buddy stop saying that."

I laughed, stepping away from his touch. "Alright, now give me the orders so I can serve. Sam is glaring at me from across the room and she does not look happy."

Oli chuckled, and handed me the trey. Work was pretty busy today, which I thought was good. I needed the distraction.

Caspar's PoV:

" oh yea, right there. Don't stop!"

I paused the clip on my laptop, and closed the video imidiatly. My cheeks felt hot, as I darted my eyes away to distract myself from what just appeared on the screen.

Ok, I know what you're thinking. Caspar is watching porn. But I couldn't help it, I was searching about some stuff. Some sexuality kind of stuff. I researched about being "gay" and how it actually, uh, works. I was curious, alright? It's kind of obvious that Joe is one, even if he didn't say it directly. I wanted to learn more about him and his world. Which brought me to this crazy idea of opening one of these videos. I promise, this was the only one and I closed it imidiatly. Also, I was bored of work. A lot.

"Caspar, do you have a minute?"

I jumped from my place behind the wooden desk, loosening my tie as I stood up. That's what I do when I'm nervous.  "Yeah, what is it Will?"

He entered my office, and glared at me. "What's up with you? It's not even hot in here."

" I-I think I'm the one who should ask you that, Darbo. Why are you here?" I said in a hurry, glancing at my laptop and back at him. Sitting down again on my leather chair, as I did so.