Chapter 45

Luke's POV

I don't know why I'm acting this irrationally. I'm one of the only people to have access to the vampire hunter's main office. I'm also one of the only people who know the code to the safe in that room, hidden behind a painting.

I fill up a briefcase of cash with at least ten thousand dollars. I didn't know the exact amount because the whole time my heart was beating so fast I couldn't think straight. I was insanely worried about Isobel. Being a vampire in a werewolf den... she was not going to survive for long.

She'd be dead if someone didn't save her.

I didn't know why she was in the Evergreen Forest in the first place, but I did know she was with another vampire. I was almost certain that I knew exactly who that other vampire was. I make sure the small stake I have shoved up my sleeve is sitting right and that I have the briefcase securely locked up before I exit my car on the edge of the Evergreen Forest.

I start to walk my way into the dense trees. My vision is enhanced almost to the ability of a vampire's eyesight so I don't need a torch to light my way.

It isn't long before I am intercepted by two werewolves in human form and they request me for some ID. I hand them my licence from my wallet and they check it thoroughly before patting me down for weapons. They don't find the stake.

"What's in the briefcase, buddy?" The younger werewolf asks.

"Money," I explain, "Lots of it – and I wouldn't be touching it until I talk to your alpha."

"Why are you here?" The slightly older wolf with dark red hair asks me, before offering to escort me to their den.

"I'm here for Isobel, I thought I made that clear enough in the phone call," I snap, getting nervous.

"But who is she to you? Why do you want to save her so desperately?" he asks.

"We do crazy things for the ones we love," I explain honestly, "I'm only doing what I need to do, what my heart is telling me to do –"

"Where did the money come from?" he questions me carefully, obviously this wolf was intent on being very thorough before leading me deeper into his kind's territory.

"The money is cold hard cash, it doesn't matter where it came from, what matters is I've got it here with me – in this briefcase," The wolf finally nods to the other wolf with him.

"Alert the others that I am coming back with Luke Taylor now," he orders his friend, "Make sure Christian isn't – you know, preoccupied with Ruby."

"On it, Finn," the younger wolf nods back and disappears into the bushes.

"When was the last time you saw this girl?" Finn asks me, motioning for me to walk forward first, "I'll guide you through the trees, just continue to walk forward."

"Right," I say, hoping Finn doesn't try any sneak attacks where he thinks he can run off with the money and leave me for dead – because I was too experienced to lose in a fight against one werewolf. They weren't too different from vampires when it came down to the basics of fighting, "I saw Isobel last when she was human," I explain quietly – not wanting to tell Finn everything.

"When she was last human?" Finn asks with a smile in his tone, "So she was turned? You'll be pleased to know that isn't the case anymore."

I stop dead in my tracks.

"What?" I ask, turning to face him, "Did you just say Isobel is..."

"Human? Yes," he says with a glint of humour in his eye, "Turn around and keep on walking – we have a fair way to walk."

I nod and turn, my heart beat increasing once more. I feel sweaty too. I wipe my sleeve on my forehead.

"I don't understand how that is possible," I say as I walk.

"Neither do we – the vampires know more than us," Finn doesn't give much away, but he sure as hell liked to ask lots of questions. However I also needed answers.

"Who is this other person you captured with her?" I ask.

"You'll love to hear this one and I must warn you – you will be paying for two releases tonight. Not one. We captured Maximus the famous Hunter. But he is also now human –"

"No fucking way," I spit out, nearly stopping in my tracks but continuing on. Anger now surges through my bones, "I won't believe it until I see it. What makes you think I'll buy him off you lot as well?"

"Think about it, genius," Finn continues smugly, "He is one of you now. I know vampire hunters have a code whereby you go through any and all necessary means to protect your kind – because there is such a small number of you in the world."

Finn was right. If Maximus was now a vampire hunter – I had no choice but to save him as well.

It wasn't as if the rest of the vampire hunters would welcome him with open arms. Hell no. He wasn't going to get a warm welcome back.

Suddenly I can't feel anything but a rush of nervous excitement.

I was finally going to get Isobel back – she would be my vampire hunter apprentice once again. Maximus would be put on trial and most likely – no, definitely – killed in retribution for all the vampire hunters he had killed over the centuries.

Everything was going to be back to normal – but even better than before.

Maximus was finally going to be out of the picture.

He had no hope.

And Isobel?

Isobel would be safely back where she belonged – with the other vampire hunters and by my side training.

***Updates have changed now because of my timetable changes for semester 2, I go back to university very soon so this story will now be updated THURSDAYS as of next week! I've also decided 'Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Darrius' and 'Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Xavier', will be updated THURSDAYS as well. So that will be a triple hit every week haha, I'll see how it goes! Dragon's Princess I'm going to change to updates on Fridays! Sorry for the delay in this chapter and it's shortness – I haven't been feeling the best this week. It's like I've had a migraine for days! My head just won't stop throbbing with pain :'(***