Chapter 32

Isobel's POV

After my shower I dry my hair and put back on my black leather hunting outfit since it gave me huge levels of respect with other vampires at the palace.

I'm about to walk out and find a human to practice drinking blood from, when I come to a stop and see Jennifer's door open. I had tried my best to block out my enhanced hearing so I wouldn't have to listen to Maximus' excited ramblings to Jennifer.

She must have known Maximus loved flirting with her, but she knew Maximus had chosen me... did she seduce him or did he seduce her?

I had overheard small snippets of conversation and I knew Darrius was back. Obviously Jennifer didn't have many feelings towards Darrius if she willingly slept with Maximus. But who could blame her, Maximus was extremely charming when he wanted to be and a massive flirt.

But Jennifer had ruined what Maximus and I had together, permanently.

I head for her open door and spot her inside, talking to Darrius and looking annoyed.

She was going to pay for thinking she could have whoever she wanted just because she was a princess.

I'd make sure of it.

Jennifer's POV (excerpt from Abducted by a Hot Vampire: Prince Darrius, Part 2 Chapter 7)

After trying to talk to an ill-tempered Darrius, I try to ignore his short temper and decide to get changed out of my crumpled dress. However as I turn, I nearly jump out of my skin when I see Isobel has just snuck into the room, standing just inside the doorway.

"Am I interrupting something?" Isobel asks, she is decked out in black leather and I kind of stare at her in shock.

"You look different, you've changed," I say, "And no, you didn't interrupt anything," All I could tell was Darrius needed some alone time.

"Oh, really?" Isobel doesn't believe me and I feel slightly offended by her mocking tone. She looks around the room slowly, like she is inspecting everything, "And I have changed ever since I've been stuck here. Even had a chance to leave and I still had to come back, figures."

"Are you and Maximus okay? Because he has been acting a little bit strange at the moment... I thought he was with you before and then he came back here and -"

"Maximus isn't interested in me anymore," Isobel says this point blank, looking at me suspiciously, up and down. Why did she suddenly feel hostile towards me?

"What happened between you two, Isobel?" I ask, more gently. Clearly something was wrong.

"Oh, nothing major," Isobel says sarcastically, "I was brought here against my will to make you a dress, then he didn't let me go. Then we went on our little crusade to show off our 'strength' as humans and failed miserably. Yes, I got caught. But that's not all," Isobel is getting more and more heated up, she seems about to burst with her anger, "He turned me against my will, Jennifer."

My eyes widen as she says this and I don't even understand what she is saying until I slowly put two and two together.

Isobel... was a vampire?

"What the hell?" I ask, shocked.

"Life is swell," she says sarcastically, she crosses her arms over her chest and narrows her eyes at the door where Darrius has just turned on the shower, "How is he going to react?"

"React to what?"

"To you sleeping with Maximus," Isobel snaps, her eyes train in on me, so accusing.